Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:09:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question About CAS  (Read 2158 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2008, 05:35:52 pm »

Since I just learned how to change/create my CAS, I was wondering if I had a Sim "buy" the "lot" and sat him down on a couch or whatever and saved my changes.

If I moved the lot to the house bin, would he still be there or would I be forced to evict him first?

If that's the case, how can I keep a Sim in the CAS?

Thank you

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:35:19 pm »

If you created him in BodyShop, he should be in your sim bin in CAS. If you used CAS to create him, you'll have to export him using SimPE...there's a tutorial out there with instructions on how to do it, but my brain can't think were right now.

To answer your question about the house...if you package the lot with your sim still in the house, then, yes, he'll be packaged as part of the lot. If you evict him, though, he won't be removed from the game, he'll be moved back to the family bin. Smiley Hope that helps. I'm not too sure if I'm making sense right now lol.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 07:15:40 pm »

Hi,

I was re-reading my question, and I'm wondering if I even made sense lol

What I'm trying to figure out is, if I had my Sim purchase the CAS lot, then had him sit on a couch, chair, whatever, while I redecorated it.

After I was done, and made sure I saved my changes when exiting, then moved the CAS lot back into the house bin, would I have to evict him first or would he and the CAS lot both go into the house bin?

I haven't tried it yet. I wanted to see if such a thing is possible first.

Thank you

The Sims 3.........NO!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 09:20:21 pm »

ok first for your information CAS means create-a-sim, it is the module in which you create a sim family and has nothing to do with houses in the neighborhood.

You can do both actually.  You can either evict the sim (which will be place in the family bin) then move the lot to the house bin but all the decoration and stuff in the lot will be sold if you do that unless you use Inge's stay-in shrub.

You can move the lot with the sim in it to the housebin if you prefer but I do not suggest doing that since when you place that lot back in a hood you will have duplicates files created and it can cause problems later.

Best is too package the lot using the in-game tool with or without a sim in it, install that package lot in your game and place it in a new hood if that is your intention or share it.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:31:26 pm »

I forgot to mention if you package the lot using the in-game tool, the sim and decoration and all the stuff will stay on the lot.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 09:32:21 pm »

Thank you for your suggestions

I'm better off leaving well enough alone. Just play around with the CAS screen.

It did seem like an interesting idea though.

The Sims 3.........NO!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 pm »

I was just sitting here thinking, do I really want a Sim walking around in a CAS screen? He just might get in the way of things.

I'll just decorate it and leave it at that.

The Sims 3.........NO!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »

You do not need to place a sim in a lot to be able to decorate it anyhow so it might be better to prepare the lot before you moved in the sim.

A reason to move the sim in before would be if it has a tight budget, that way you  can be sure it won't spend more money on it then it has and will be able to move in that lot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: