Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:26:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garden Plots Can Have Terrains Underneath their Plots. (Seasons Required)  (Read 7132 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fway

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2008, 04:39:16 am »

What is this download for
- It simply makes the bases of the garden plots (fertilized/non-fertilized) from Seasons invisible.
- It's a default replacement.

Why am I uploading it?
- Why to share with you all of course. Smiley

Why should it be used?
- Well you can grow vegetables without having ugly ground cover.
- You can also add groundcover underneath it, as shown below in the thumbnails.
- Because it's silly not to have it.

Extra Special thanks to:
HP @ MTS2 for sending me the textures, and she knows I wouldn't know where to find it XD.
- She also inspired me with her "Liberated Plastic Flowers."
Fanseelamb @ MTS2 for linking me to Numenor's helpful tutorial on recoloring.
Canoodle @MTS2 for the moral support.
Keely (or Linuslover30) for her Phinnius who makes a cameo in this upload.
Anyone that I have missed over @ the IRC @ MTS2.
And last but not least: The SimPE Team.

A Note For House Uploaders or anyone for that matter:
- My ReadMe File (located in the zip) has important info regarding this download, considering it's a default replacement, seeing if you put the garden plots in with a offset terrain, it'd look different to the user who would download your house.

- Also I forgot to mention that you should put the terrain first, before laying down plots, the same goes for flooring XD.
- Actually I think you can put terrain down regardless, I think it's the flooring.
- Feel free to manipulate the textures to your liking seeing it's Maxis', but you should thank HP for grabbing the textures.

Thanks for reading/downloading/using, and happy simming :wave:

* Sims2EP7_667.jpg (46.86 KB, 735x366 - viewed 24787 times.)

* Sims2EP7_669.jpg (72.39 KB, 650x429 - viewed 815 times.)

* Sims2EP7_670.jpg (75.74 KB, 650x542 - viewed 844 times.)
* gardenplotdefaults.zip (1.24 KB - downloaded 463 times.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:30:00 pm by fway » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:43:07 am »

very cool idea!  Thank you for this Fway!  I will move it to the game-mods section so it will be with similar objects and default replacements Smiley

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 05:17:48 pm »

NICE! I can't wait to pop this into my game!

Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 08:08:54 pm »

So awesome,my sim gardeners can still have pretty gardens. Thanks so much for sharing!

lucentgem

I take salsa bribes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 08:26:38 pm »

Great idea, thank you. :*)

~JJ~
I need someone who is really chatty and not afraid of lack of response. PM me please. Cheesy

Check out lucentsims.com. :*) If you would like to have a section in my Forum Talent are
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 08:30:32 pm »

this sounds like a great idea - can't wait to try it to see how it looks - thanks!
fway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:39:52 pm »

You're all welcome! I really disliked the textures underneath the garden plots, and I was trying to figure out what to do. HP told me what I should do, but after she sent me the file so I wouldn't have to look for what I need to extract. It took me a few hours as to why the garden plots weren't becoming invisible. Fanseelamb linked me to Numenors tutorial on recoloring, it looks as if I forgot to build DXT. And there you all have it, some invisible bases, and any terrain is usuable. I also figured out that it's only floors that won't show underneath after you placed the garden plot. Which means that placing terrains after will take out the guess work of where you need to put your terrain. XD

verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 01:20:10 am »

This looks much better! Thanks for sharing,:)
Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 01:56:41 am »

Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing! Smiley
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 01:42:09 pm »

Nice idea! Thanks for making and sharing it.
tophatdan

iam a superhero in real life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 06:25:23 pm »

now this is handy, very handy..... thanx

i cut the non sticky personal ads out of newspapers and burn then for inspiration
Mimi52861

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

Thanks for this nice mod!  I will enjoy looking at my gardens a bit more using this!:clap:

Not having a sig IS my sig.  Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't is? Nevermind...:smt120
fway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 09:14:37 am »

Quote from: MasonBourselle;1225576
I'm expiriencing a problem with this mod. Now that my plots are invisible, even when I click where they are, the No Actions Available thing appears, and I can't plant anything. Cry Or is there something incredibly obvious that I missed?

What do you mean? You hover over the plots and get nothing? I have these in my game and they work fine. Make sure you remember where you put your plots, as a suggestion, put a line of flooring, then put your plots about two tiles away, place the desired terrain and it should work. Otherwise I'd like to see what's happening, or I won't know what is that's happening. Unless you're using the design tool.

fway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 01:28:42 pm »

Quote from: MasonBourselle;1226905
No, when I hover over, there's nothing. If I were simply forgetting where they were, I'd get the "Go Here" and "Run Here" options, and I get nothing. It simply says "No Options Available" like when you try to click on a toddler's toy or something else that has no available actions.

Hmm, what do you mean by using the design tool? I wasn't aware that there was more than one way to place garden plots. However, I've tested this also on winter's custom growable cowplant (based on seasons plot) as well as on a buyable plot after I had no luck with only maxis content. They showed up as invisible plots, and no actions were available for them either.

I'll load up the garden plot in simpe and take a look at the BHAVs and see why this might be happening. I'll post back if I figure out something.

The garden plots aren't editable with the design tool, and the garden plots don't have any BHAVs, it's a default replacement, it simply overrides the textures (TXMT, whatever it is), nothing more, nothing less; And I don't think default replacements interfere with anything unless you have more than one, (however the BHAVs don't change if you have more than one default). Try removing all of your hacks too, simply because it could be a hack conflict you have. Once again, this is simply a texture override and won't harm the game or cause hack conflicts. Wink The plots ARE SUPPOSED to show up as invisible though because once again, it's a default replacement and won't have any issues with the game, unless you have more than one, the texture will look all wonky. You also have to remember where you put the plots otherwise you'd have to go looking for them with the cursor.

And when you get "no actions available" with the toddler toys are you sure you're playing a toddler, because adults simply can't play with toddler toys, although it'd be fun to see them use them. :lol:

fway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 01:36:01 pm »

Well the plots are supposed to show up as invisible. The weird thing is how you're saying they aren't giving you any options... I don't understand how a texture override would do that. huh I'm unsure as to why it wouldn't work for you. Well, if you must take the default replacement out because it's giving you problems, by all means remove it. However, I didn't think hacks would conflict with default replacements. I also have FreeTime and BV, but I don't think that poses a risk either.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: