Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 01:21:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skin Problem  (Read 1250 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cloudy_cml

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2008, 12:16:11 pm »

Please, please, help me!
I don't know how and why, but it seems there is an error in one of the default maxis skin tones...the second one. It appears...grey! And I have a neighborhoud full off ugly, spooky gray seems! It's horrible, they were so cute before this error occured. I googled it, but I haven't found anything about it. I tried to change skin with sim surgency in simEP, but it hadn't work...I'm new at using it,and maybe I 've done something wrong.
Please, do you know a way of solving the skin problem? Or an advise on how to use sim surgency? That would be a pain, there so many gray sims, but still, would do great!
Thanks in advance! :-)
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 02:28:44 pm »

did you recently install any expansion packs or stuff packs? perhaps any mods or default replacements?

if not - try deleting the cache files:

groups.cache
accessories.cache (only present if you have Pets EP or a later EP)

from
~(My) Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
cloudy_cml

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 11:42:30 pm »

Yes, I did...I installed quite many expansion packs recently, and not with the right order (university, open for business,nightlife etc)...
Could this be the reason? If so, is there any way to fix it?
Anyway, I tried to delete the cashe files unsing PE. I deleted only the groups.cashe,it seems there is no accesories.cashe in my game. But it didn't helped. In fact, I think my game became slower after that, but that could be only a bad day for my laptop. It have been through a lot ^_^

(Edit: Yay me!! I learned how to surgen my sims!!)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:12:20 am by cloudy_cml » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: