Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:10:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing Sims Games  (Read 1977 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
iluvmydoggz

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2008, 09:51:49 pm »

I have a stupid question but has really been bothering me;does it matter what order i install sims 2 games, i have freetime and want to install open 4 business will it mess up my game in any way or is it perfectly fine to install it? If any one could help i would apperiate it!!!!

You Never Know What Will Happen Next So Thank Your Guardian Angel:angel:
iluvmydoggz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:15:10 am »

I just got seasons and I have freetime already downloaded on my computer will it mess my games up?

You Never Know What Will Happen Next So Thank Your Guardian Angel:angel:
Ultravixen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 10:38:50 am »

There is no need to post two topics for the same question,
People have a life outside these forums too you know ..

Quote from: beosboxboy;1058314
This is one of those things where I find I have a mixed opinion.

There are newer update patches than the ones on the CDs/DVDs available on the official site that won't work if a later EP (like Seasons) is install before an earlier EP (like Nightlife).  In my anal-retentive world, this make me personally prefer this install order:

However, many people say they have no problems if they install the EPs in no particular order.  This has not been my personal experience, but I never said I know everything.

EA has complicated this matter by releasing combo sets like TS2 Deluxe (TS2 + NL) and TS2 Ltd Edition (TS2 + BV), so the "purist" method I prefer may not work for everyone.

Sim Idol 2008 - 4th | Picture Perfect - Mentor
Ultravixen's Simmies
tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 11:44:20 am »

IF you have, for example, installed all expansions, is it still recommended to go back and download a patch for an earlier pack?
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 01:20:18 am »

I installed mine in the wrong order because that's how I brought them. After the Sims 2, I installed University. Then Nightlife, then OFB. After that I installed in the right order. But, I got the patches for each as I installed them. I've never had any major issues I know of. (I mean other than normal bugs, or crashing) I didn't get the Sims 2 when it first came out because I was still playing Sims 1. So I was almost a year late to the game. I don't think I ever even downloaded any CC, joined any forums till right before Pets, so I wouldn't have known anyway. lol
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:24:25 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 10:44:13 am »

The reason you should install the expansion packs and patches in a particular order deals with crucial game fixes that may not install properly if the presence of another patch is detected.

The patching software used by EA for The Sims 2 is particularly notorious for choking or failing if the slightest incongruity is detected.  To prevent this from happening, it is necessary to do everything in as a pristine manner as possible, ergo, install the expansion packs and patches in a recommended order.

This i not to say it is absolutely necessary that you must do it this way, many people experience no problems with the game after installing the expansion packs willy-nilly.  The order I advocate is from the EA tech support manual and follows common sense, but anyone with any experience with The Sims 2 will know that The Sims 2 and its expansion packs seldom behave in a logical or predictable manner, so your guess is as good as mine what will work.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 10:49:51 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 01:19:47 pm »

I just read your list, I guess I lucked out and did install them in the correct order! I thought University came after NL and OFB, but apparently I did it right. Wink I know I did it right after those because I pre-ordered things as they were coming out.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: