Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:05:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freetime Problem Please Help  (Read 4098 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Supernatural_Vixen

Certified Teddy Bear Doctor

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2008, 01:49:41 am »

Whenever my active sim goes to talk to another, the only option available is Admire ... I've removed all of hacks and I'm still having the problem, does anyone know what could be causing it??

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole!
:iroc: Fire up the Impala!!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 02:15:25 am »

Since your game wasn't always like this, I'd start by looking at what you may have downloaded or any new EPs added recently, making sure the mods are all current for that EP.

Since you've removed your hacks and still have the problem, my guess is you've got some hacks in folders you don't expect them to be in.  Use Clean Installer or Delphy's Download Organizer to check within the Downloads folder and any subfolders.  Take a look at the SavedSims folder, too.  

I'm sure you haven't got a Downloads folder under Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2, but it doesn't hurt to check (all download should be in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads or it's subfolders).
Supernatural_Vixen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:50:26 am »

I've already did that . . . I'm getting a little frustrated now.  I'm about to remove the Uni majors I've got in the game to see if that can be what it is * sighs *

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:59:39 am »

Ut oh.  Custom careers and majors are notorious for borking the game since they are never updated.
Supernatural_Vixen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 02:01:33 pm »

I've removed all the majors, careers and hacks and any items that I thought would interfere with sims talking ... like the Talk Standing/Sitting Hacks and so on, but I'm still having the problem ... I hate to delete all of my custom content and start from scratch, but it looks like that's what I'm going to have to do!

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 03:18:39 pm »

No need to delete all the CC, just move it out of the Downloads folder and then start to reintroduce it back into your game.

Most likely problem would be any objects or mods that change the personal menu.  So if you have, for example, a custom love potion that adds a menu item to your sim to drink it or to another sim to use the potion on him that potion may mess up the active or target sim menus that some were instituted with Free Time.

There's only a few rare instances of clothing or hair meshes breaking the game the way your's is now.  Mods, custom objects, and custom object meshes are the most likely culprit, but since you've ruled out mods, focus on the custom objects.
Supernatural_Vixen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 08:39:20 pm »

Alright, I moved all of my custom content out of my downloads folder and put it into a separate folder somewhere else on my hard drive and still had the problem.  So, on a hunch I opened up one of the default neighborhoods and used a family with Maxi only sims and didn't have the problem.  Is it possible that it's just a simple glitch concerning my custom neighborhood/sims??

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:15:02 pm »

It is possible.  Did you check all the sims in that custom hoods or only one family?

If it is happening to only one family in the hood, you could try moving them in a new house and bulldoze the lot once they move out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: