Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:03:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blank black screen upon Sims 2 launcher  (Read 2503 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SparkleSim

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:20:38 pm »

HI, I was wondering is somebody can help me with something.  I just got Bon Voyage and you know how they have that new startup where you get a big screen called "Sims 2 Luancher" and you can click that big button to play.  Well, sometimes when you do so, it doesn't start up and just comes down to a black screen with your typical white arrow curser hanging around.  Usually I have to right click and end the program.

Yes, I am patched.  Usually to fix this problem, I have to pull out the sims 2 folder from EA games and start afresh.  Then the game starts.  This problem does not happen all the time, just sometimes, but it is VERY annoying.  Has anybody else had this problem?

Are you looking for a good comedy-drama sim story?  Please come read my story LOVE CHILD.   (Must be 18+)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 06:31:13 pm »

uhm... how long do you wait for the black screen to go away? it comes for me, too, but it doesn't take too long to go away, though.

and try to delete the groups.cache and accessory.cache, and generally all other files that has the name .cache behind (the "The Sims 2" folder should only have other folders in it, and the loose files in that folder is safe to delete). these files can get corrupted by downloads. and deleting them usually helps.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SparkleSim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 03:54:45 pm »

Thank you!  The screen comes up for a long time, actually.  But OK< I'll try to delete the caches.  Thanks so much! Cheesy

Are you looking for a good comedy-drama sim story?  Please come read my story LOVE CHILD.   (Must be 18+)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: