Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:22:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Castaways Custom Walls  (Read 4809 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DevilishCherry

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:51:21 pm »

I'm having the weirdest problem with custom Walls. I've tried stuff made straight from Homecrafter hoping that since its not a clone or recolor of a Wall it would work, and I still get this issue. Was hoping someone knew of a fix or which Walls are compatible, or if it's even possible to have custom Walls. Attached a screenie below of the issue I get.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:41:06 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:18:08 pm »

Homecrafter works ONLY for TS2 - not for Castaway or Life Stories. If you made custom walls, search for the files' name in TS2, copy them, and:

1) Enable custom content in Castaway in the Control Panel. Exit the game, and return.

2) Create a Downloads folder in C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts (it's not EA Games)/Castaway

3) Open in Downloads folder a sub-folder, name it Walls (case sensitive).

4) Copy the walls files you made and found in TS2, and paste them in the Walls sub-folder.

Hope it works.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:43:28 pm »

Usually I don't bother with walls and floors, but I tried it for you, and it works. I enterred my TS2 Walls folder, copied random several walls, and pasted them in the Downloads folder, in a sub-folder named Walls (case sensitive).

The first and the second walls in the panel are mine (50$?! - it adds environment points, lol), and they are seen fine on the walls of the house.

*Image removed because width exceeds maximum of 600 pixels*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:41:38 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
DevilishCherry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:08:07 am »

Thanks so much for trying to help me ^.^... Still not working though, tried all the methods mentioned above as well as trying to place the custom Walls in the Overrides folder, and I still get the same error. Am I maybe missing a file or something, even tried reinstalling and no luck.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 04:06:27 am »

Cherry, do you try to override the original walls? That is not permitted in any Sims game. Custom walls are only added, and are pasted in the Downloads folder.

Better save the whole present Castaway folder in another place (I hold it in driver D), reinstall the game, copy the original Walls  folder from the reinstalled game, and Override folder too, and paste them in your saved Castaway folder.

(I have 4-5 saved Castaway folders in driver D, and can play different characters, when I am bored).

Now copy the Castaway folder, and paste it instead the original reinstalled game. Allow custom content, exit.

Copy/paste the old Downloads folder on your desktop, to keep the rest downloads, delete the Downloads folder, create a new one, and move to it the rest downloads you have. Now you can paste some TS2 walls/floors.

Don't forget to restart your computer, because Castaway has Securom, and won't be loaded, after you change folders in the game.

Enter the "borked" lot, replace the walls to original ones, then use the custom walls.

It should work (I hope).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 04:10:00 am by gali » Logged
DevilishCherry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 02:12:19 pm »

No I wasn't trying to override the original walls, I have been pasting the walls in the Downloads folder. What I was trying was something someone on here actually suggested to dowith certain objects not showing, to put the Wall files in the /res/Overrides folder. Tried in the Downloads folder and in a sub-folder named "Walls", same result. Tried your method as well to try and see if anything would change, nothing at all =/ lol. Think I'm just about ready to give up, and buy Life Stories instead.. I like a few of the features Castaways has, but not worth all the hassle trying to get some of the cc to show up.
blondie112304

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 10:15:55 am »

I have the same issue with the custom walls! :sad4:I can't get the InSIMenator in the game either.:blob6: I tried 2 of the three types. This is why I too get bored and switch back and forth to my S2 EPS! LOL
gali

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 07:52:04 pm »

This is my Downloads folder in Castaway:

*image removed because width exceed maximum of 600 pixels*

About the Insim - you have to enter your TS2 Downloads folder, copy the Insim file, and paste it in My documents/Electronic Arts/Castaway/Downloads (create one if you don't have it - right click->new folder->rename to Downloads).

The Insim works only in Free Mode.

In Story mode, wait until you pass to a house with walls, and use Inge's variation of Merola's Multi Painting  to one space. You can find there the motives, skills, and aspiration - which you can use even when the sim is at work.

All the files you see, are copied and pasted from TS2 Downloads folder.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:42:12 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
sahmormakmom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 10:06:12 pm »

I switched from my insim2.7b obj to the older nightlife version 2.4 amd I use it during story mode as well as free mode no problems.  

I am surprised to see that you are able to successfuly use simsky_toddler pic.  I have terrible issues when I use that in game.

another idea is to download carrigon's golden spider from sims2workshop.com it contains most of the same programs that the insim has and carrigon made it sim story compatible with other lifestory hacks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: