Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:52:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just bought BV got any advice?  (Read 1509 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2008, 07:10:35 am »

Is there anything I should delete/add to my EA folder? Any tips to help my game run as smoothly and safely as possible?

Thank you Smiley

P.S. I have read the stickies.

gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 12:16:53 pm »

If you use hacks - you have to replace them with compatible BV ones.

Download and install the Patch.

One important suggestion: to prevent problems of not loading game (the Securom is very sensitive) - always restart your computer before you are going to play the game, and activate the application through All Programs, and not through the short cut.
StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 07:59:53 pm »

Thank you heaps for that Smiley
Im not sure where most of my hacks came from so I cant replace some but I'll just delete all of them anyway. I dont think many were too important.
Thanks again.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:49 pm »

a smart thing to do, is to copy the link to the website where you found the hack. makes it a lot easier to see if the hack is updated for newer EP's, or if it's updated for other reasons.

you could try to make a family you don't intend to use in the future, and then let all the CC be in the DL folder. then you try out everything you can come up with - every bit of cc and maxis content, and if no problems occur, then at least most of your CC is clean. you can't be too sure, of course, so I would've gone through the hacks and see if some of them spesifically is for BV or if some are global hacks. they usually needs updating.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: