Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:40:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 and Discrimination... these two don't mix.  (Read 11803 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 10:01:10 am »

thank u, I needed to share this wit the community about race in the sims.
Some people take it very serious and bashes someone's works just because they can't sim right. Jealousy is cancer to the mind, people shouldn't be jealous of someone's art, this is like Contest, if someone's sim don't look the way tha people want it to look, they have no right to bashs that person just because their pic isn't clear, We don't have to do what they ask us to do, it's their game, just like someone got the nerve to critize my female's shoes and clothing, I don't really care what that person says or thinks of my ladies clothing and how messed up their shoes are, it's my game.
also I was critized about how I take pics of my sims, cuz they stand around and don't do nothing,some need really keep their our thaughts to their self about my game and how I play, we all have our own sim style u know, it doesn't give them the right to tell u how to play your game and why do u have sims of color in it.
it's not just the sims , it's real life  of racisim around the world today, people are being treat because of skin color, I remember my first incounter wit a racist person.It was the 80's, I was 7 yrs old.
I was waiting for my mom in the checkout line in a  Supermarket, there I was minding my business and this old elderly woman, told me to leave the store cuz of my color, she called me the N-word and it really hurt me, my mom got mad about it and called the manager, the manager called the police on her and have her arrested for attacking me for no reason cuz I was only 7 yrs old at that time and didn't even understand why she did this to me.
As I grew up I'll never forget that day, cuz that was very wrong.
I'm glad this thread is post about Discrimination, cuz u gonna incounter people like this even if they are not racist, they are just trolls on the net to bash someone's art or music.

but in the end, we can battle these trolls by ignoring them good..

Alwayz remember to be strong and move on

keep your sims looking the way u want or imagine them to look.

I have 100% love and respect for everyone here

may god bless u all

Happy simming

NOTE: Anyone who read this, come forward and share your heart.

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
Eva Aisling

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 11:48:44 am »

Yep, that's the internet. It brings out the true nature in many ignorant people, who would otherwise be too cowardly to voice their opinion. So they take it out on forums. Pathetic.
People are entitled to their opinions, but I wish more forums would ban the people who are belligerent.
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 02:18:04 pm »

Quote from: geezy33;1285825

it's not just the sims , it's real life  of racisim around the world today, people are being treat because of skin color, I remember my first incounter wit a racist person.It was the 80's, I was 7 yrs old.

NOTE: Anyone who read this, come forward and share your heart.

Dude, I am very sorry to hear of this, and very sorry to know of that happening in the 80's.  I was a child of the 60's, and started school at the tail end of the "Jim Crow" era.  I remember my best friend at the time was a black boy who appointed himself my protector because bigger kids were always picking on me and it made him upset to see anyone get picked on.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up, is because of the water fountains in school.  They always had two, side by side, the cheap ceramic kind, and the metal one with the built-in cooler and the colder water.  We'd get a drink from the fountains, and he always drink from the ceramic one.  I asked him one day why he didn't drink from the other fountain with the colder water and he said because he wasn't allowed to.  I was confused, and asking him who told him he wasn't allowed.  He told me someday I would understand.  By the time I "understood," I was in another school across the state after my folks moved, and I had lost contact with my friend.  But I've never forgotten how sad he looked when he told me things like that.  Or how he smiled when I treated him like the good friend that he was.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 05:08:00 pm »

wow, that's something.

U know these days ain't the same like they was back then, racisim still exist.
On the other part about the sims, I can't believe internet trolls alwayz got something nasty to say about people's sims and stuff.
look at MTS2, some people I know left that site cuz they got some negative people there, I refuse to upload at that site, Due to alot of put down and accuse and liars. Some claim if u report some one, they would tell u that,"oh u threating the members and stuff".... Come on Get real, that's sucks to defend the ones that start the put downs.
I was reading alot of threads at the site, I saw alot of drama and attacks on creators of their sims, I was like Wow, I never in my life saw so many people get attacked by trolls on MTS2, there are lots of them there, We have to ignore some of these people and move on, this is too much for the sim community to handle.
I noticed youtube is the same , they attack people sim videos,cuz their videos are not the way they want it to be, I think they should keep their thaughts to theirself about a person's video, it's their game and video, they can do it the way they wanna do it.
If the ones that don't support any other good creators, we need to ignore such jealous trolls

jealousy is everywhere it comes in many forms

if U or a friend u know was attacked or put down at MTS2 and was discriminated by trolls
Come forward and share your heart about happen to there, cuz insimenator is the a very peacefull place.

BEWARE OF internet TROLLS, they attack anyone
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 05:25:15 pm by geezy33 » Logged

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 05:32:18 pm »

geezy33, I'm sorry you had to experience that at such a young age. There's just some things you never forget.

The only form of discrimination I ever experienced is/was with my brother-in-law. By me being an out and proud gay man, he'd love to see me get tied to a stake and shot through the heart. When my sister got married, I wasn't allowed to attend the wedding. I was a little upset, but I shrugged it off and blamed it on total ignorance on his part.

Every holiday we/the family get together for dinner and he will not say one word to me. He doesn't even so much as say hello to me.

When I was younger, I grew up with black kids as my friends. I learned at an early age to look beyond the surface and look inside. I was "color blind" at an early age.

What I still can't wrap my mind around is, how a person can tell you how to play your game. Granted this is the internet and I know words can sting, can bite and, can hurt. When someone bashes someone else's work is just a pretty sad pathetic soul. And, I've seen someone do it.

For most people, the game is an escape from reality, a place where the normal rules of life don't apply, a place where pixels are perfect. I totally enjoy playing the game. I can play for hours on end. The time just flies by. I've recently started learning how to recolor and share my work with everybody on here. I'm not perfect by any means, but, I'm learning.

The game is all about having fun, sharing and having no boundries.

geezy33, I've been to New Orleans once. I was attending Mardi Gras. I had to get a motel in Slidell. Had the time of my life! Cheesy

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 08:43:29 am »

Well, I feel your heart, cuz I have a sister, I'm very much close to, she confessed to me that she was a lesbian woman, I still love and accept her for who she is, she's my heart forever more. It's bad when some folks in the family don't really accept her lifestyle, i'm the only one love and support her, she can choose what ever life she choose to live u know,I was attacked by someone in the family about me being around her, I don't care who attacks me from being around my own sister I truly love and care for no matter what.
People are gonna  judge u by your character,Race or whatever life u live,just remember only god can judge u, not man.
I don't see myself treating someone badly bout their sim art,characters,etc.
Trolls don't even love people, they just keep on hatin', just like a friend of mines, posted a youtube sim video, she got attacked by some people and they told her nasty bad comments about how she made her sims in the video and how slow her video was, if she choose to make that video, it's not their right to attack someone's video, she did the right,reported alot of trolls.
I point back to MTS2, a good friend of mines, uploaded clothing there, they accused her of stealing, and she made those cloths, MTS2 omg, there are some crazy people there, one girl attacked me and called me weird for playing the sims, why am I'm weird? I love this game, this game is truly my world to escape from stress, it makes me happy alot.
Now I see that MTS2 got some rule, Called your Sims got to be made the way they want u to make it, COME ON", no one tells me how to play or make my stuff in my game.

if u are someone out there who was a victim of MTS2 or racial discrimination,Cuz ur gay,lesbian,black etc, come forward and share your heart in a non drama way but a peaceful way

remember we love u and respect u

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 12:40:44 pm »

I feel you all! I am sorry geezy that you had that type of drama in your young life, that is awful. I experienced the same growing up in the 60's and 70's. I was raised with a sense of pride, "black and I'm proud" was the motto of the day, so when an ignorant person attacked my ancestry, I would listen and correct some of their ideas with proof (took them to the history books). Made a few enemies, but gain lots of respect. I have friends of every gender, race, social groups, etc.  I love having round-table discussions with them on every topic, so I can understand where they are coming from.  That's missing, closed minds, no understanding.

The problems with MTS2 is unfortunate, cause they are missing out on some great work by harrassing the wrong people. They play favorites there, some of  their pets release some pretty horrible stuff also. Members just suck up and play along.  I don't say anything cause I respect others idea of good custom content.  I just will not download, post comments.  I wished the trolls would do the same.  I think they will not cause of jealousy, if they spent the time to look, think up a terrible response, and post it...then that was a waste of their time, therefore it's their fault.  I love the diversity of art simmers display playing their game. I think it highlights the diversity of life, which would be boring without it.

Keep going with you all bad selves, lots more people appreciate your work than haters, whom have nothing better to do but try upsetting people. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2008, 12:26:27 pm »

Trolls come and go, they lurk to attack someone's intelligants.
there's another site that put's people's creation and work down, garden of shadows, I bowsered this site I wasn't please how these trolls posted pics of other people's sims or work on that site to make them look bad.
I also bowsered MTS2 yesterday night, I saw threads of people being critized about their sims or skintones etc.
that makes people wanna pack their stuff up and leave the site.
I don't blame them for leaving, some sim creators have to watch out for trolls everywhere, simmers have in ever right to Defend themselves from haters, this really don't make no sense at all, this is like when  a rapper release a CD and he get's hated on about his CD and Now the same goes to Art and sim videos.

Someone made a beyonce sim video and they was hated on about the sim didn't look like beyonce, that was so wrong how they treated this girl on youtube,but she fired back and spammed them good.

If u are someone u know has been a victim of hate or a victim of mts2,

feel free to share your heart, remember, we simmers voices need to be heard''

happy simming folks

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 01:43:17 pm »

Thank you to everyone that's replied thus far!  I'm glad it's stirring up some thought about the issue at hand... I realize I can never change how people are, but I can at least say something that might make them rethink some things.  It's up to them whether or not they want to change... if they do, it's great for them.  But if they don't, their loss... just as long as they understand that it goes both ways, too.  :smile bi:  

And as to not let this issue go down the wrong road... please keep specific site bashing to a minimum.  I know it happens in those places, but this is also a site rule not to bash other sites directly (due to possible "site wars" = drama, and we all know our lovely admins HATE any drama)...  and I definitely don't want this to travel in that different direction.    Not saying as a direct defense for either side, but just as a topic saver... :angel:

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: