Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:15:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm Life EP  (Read 9779 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kevida97

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2008, 07:50:59 pm »

I have said several times that I'd like to see some sort of farming EP. I doubt it will happen for TS2 but I could always have hopes for TS3. Who among you would be interested in such a thing? Also, if interested, what aspect of "country living" would you like to see? No comments about romantic interactions with farm animals, please! Wink

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 05:14:01 am »

I'll second it. Raising farm animals, riding horses although I already have a riding horse. Maybe raising sheep to shear and sell their wool. Milking cows. Collecting eggs, etc...Auctions, fairs, rodeos.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 06:42:43 am »

oooh, sounds like something I want, too!! riding horses, and having riding/rodeo contests at least. I know there's a horse that is downloadable, but I gave it up quickly. it said that there was a slight chance that they would start riding it backwards - and the first sim that sat up on it, did just that...

farm life - growing food, raising animals for food or fun, farm work, new animals - it sounds like something I wouldn't hesitate to buy!

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 07:04:15 am »

I'd love it as well!

Check my sims out!
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 07:26:17 am »

I'd also like to see different kinds of crops being grown (more types of veggies, fruits grains, nuts, seasonings, et cetera). Rideable horses (either via saddle or hitching a wagon) would be a definite must! Butter churns, nectar presses (what the Sims call wine presses), bee keeping hives, and grain mills would also be things that I'd want.
Part of what I want is kind of contreversial but I'd like to see the animals raised for meat as well. Thier (to put it nicely) "preparation" could be hadle to same way that fish preparation is handled in Seasons (showing up in the inventory and being able to prepre a dish based on that). I am betting though that someone would have a field day with that! My opinion, "If you don't want your sims involved in that then don't involve them in it!"
I guess my like for "the simple life" is due to living for the past decade in DOver DE and seeing the Amish doing thier thing without a complaint in the world. I respect that and I'd like to see it reflected in TS3.

spiderviveka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 07:40:12 am »

Its not something I would buy. But an interesting idea. I suppose there would be some cool aspects of such an EP.

The bee hives sound cool! I would love that. I also would like it if they could get horribly mangled by the farm machinery.

Maggots are just flies in sleeping bags.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:09:48 am »

Quote from: spiderviveka;1226268
I also would like it if they could get horribly mangled by the farm machinery.

spiderveveka, that was SO wrong! Funny as all get out but still ....so wrong! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 08:11:48 am by kevida97 » Logged

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 01:52:14 pm »

I would have loved for seasons to have more planting options, like window gardens for cooking spices, or small growth plants.  I like a farming ep/sp. Would be fun to send the sim kids to get the chicken eggs and get chased by the rooster. (I had to endure that for many summers as a kid) Horses and horse drawn carriages, that's not custom content would be nice. Pigs and piglets, but no hogs, they are mean. Almost got nashed by one. LOL!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Juke Box

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 01:55:48 pm »

This would be a really awesome EP, I would love to see all the milking cows and rodeos XD.

Goal : Get a PS3, bought by me [ ]
[/b][/font]
maniac19642003
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 06:01:53 pm »

Farm animals annoy me so this would not be something I'd buy for any game, Sims or not.
zolabee

Some days are just after you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 07:08:59 pm »

Not a farmer, but raised out in the country and know more about all that stuff than I want to, but some would find it fun - just not me.

Crazy Town - see it to believe it!
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 09:01:17 am »

I don't know much about farms,so it should be educative for me,lol.
I would buy it,yes!
I can't understand why there are just 3 kinds of trees,aple orange and lemontrees,anybody knows where I could D/L other kinds?
I would love to have kows and hens and lions and beers(oh my!)

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 07:24:29 pm »

Oh yeah zoo animals! Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My! Oh, I want a giraffe, a monkey. How about some Kangaroo? Oh we need some Orca and some shark, seals, dolphins in our oceans. Piers that go out into the ocean we can fish off. We need some cherry trees, peach trees...how about also some flowering trees like Magnolias. Lilacs? I could run a farming zoo, and where is the cotton candy(ok I already have that) The ice cream trucks for the kids to chase after. The yummy carmel apples to get all sticky off of then chase your siblings around and grab screaming I'm stuck to you. Wink (Ok yes I was a very weird child, we also used to have contests and get our butts spanked over and over for who could make the most toliet paper stick to the ceiling. We would wet it and throw it up at the ceiling whoever got the most to stick in the biggest wad was the winner. lol When you have 9 children amusing themselves with this game I guess it creates a bit of a mess.)Oh we could also churn butter to sell. Can vegetables. Another bright idea, how about a working pantry? To store food in that doesn't need to be refrigerated.

PS Katy has beehives on the graveyard I have that I harvest their honey to sell, you have to be careful though because your sims can get stung by them.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:35:30 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 07:37:23 pm »

Ah yes "workable pantries" like Makin' Magic had! Zoo keeping would be cool! Fishing off of the piers gives me another idea for another post. So did all of the talk about candy apples et cetera!Thank you, PegasusDiana! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:38:40 pm by kevida97 » Logged

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 08:19:12 pm »

I could go crazy with a nice country EP. Inner tubing in the snow, down the streams, small waterfalls. Community get togethers with square dancing for the adults, bobbing for apples, pin the tail on the donkey, three legged races for the children. Water tanks for swimming in. Summer camps for the children to get to know the other children in the community with activities. Wheat and corn fields. Real community picnics. The wives getting together to can vegetables and sell them at a little wayside vegetable stand. Or gathering fruit to do the same. Like I said rodeo's, fairs, churning butter, milking cows, gathering eggs. Working pantries. Cutting firewood for the winter...I could go on and on Smiley
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 08:21:12 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: