Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:28:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm Life EP  (Read 9505 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
snapzit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 03:00:50 pm »

Sims could have small family farms where the kids can help raise the veggies and animals. I'd love to see working tractors and other kinds of equipment, even a workable dairy barn, with all breeds of cattle and you can make different breeds like you can in pets. You could have the animals give birth and sell the offspring at the local auction.

Then there is the whole OFB take on farming and ranching, where sims can make a living off their work by selling the produce/animals. You could even have fish farms.

Let's have a hoedown, a barn-raising, a country harvest. There could be cellars for the root veggies and stand-by tornado shelters, and silos for the grain.

Of course there would have to be new musical instruments added, like banjos, mandolins, washboards and harmonicas.

Ok, I'm in. This sounds like a fun new twist.:clap:
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 04:09:25 pm »

Wow such positive responses!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 01:55:02 am »

Quote from: snapzit;1229142
Sims could have small family farms where the kids can help raise the veggies and animals. I'd love to see working tractors and other kinds of equipment, even a workable dairy barn, with all breeds of cattle and you can make different breeds like you can in pets. You could have the animals give birth and sell the offspring at the local auction.

Then there is the whole OFB take on farming and ranching, where sims can make a living off their work by selling the produce/animals. You could even have fish farms.

Let's have a hoedown, a barn-raising, a country harvest. There could be cellars for the root veggies and stand-by tornado shelters, and silos for the grain.

Of course there would have to be new musical instruments added, like banjos, mandolins, washboards and harmonicas.

Oo great ideas! I didn't even think about musical instuments, or working machinery. Let alone tornados, cellars. Silos! We could even have the aliens making crop circles. lol We need to add potatoes too, so the children can have potato sack races. This Ep could open up more opportunities too for the sims with the Young Farmers club. They could earn ribbons at the fair, learn to care for animals. EA can just hand us the reigns, we'll show 'em how these things are done. Wink

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 06:07:50 pm »

Quote from: snapzit;1229142

If only I could design games....

Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 08:49:32 pm »

sounds like when they made our EP's they threw anything together and they did it quick without creative thought into what would be cool to see like animals and etc.

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
sunshine.x

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 09:00:40 pm »

Wow, some awesome ideas have come from this! I second pretty much every idea, putting this all together, that could be the next EP, lol!

I would buy it. I have farm roots, and I have horses myself, so it would be good for a self-sim to actaully do the same things as me! Smiley

love isn't the person you can see yourself with,
Its the person you can't see yourself without.
[/FONT]
Daniellegastin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 08:18:38 am »

I'd buy it! I think its a good idea and it sounds fun.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 03:40:23 pm »

Man I should have gone to college for game design!

kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 12:50:13 pm »

Bumping this up again! Does anyone have anything that they want to add to the ideas already given?

Kivak

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 05:46:44 pm »

Great idea, someone else thought of this a while back at the EA site.

They had a couple I didn't see mentioned.

A vet that would come out when animals were sick.

A ferrier to shoe horses.  Horse and stock trailers that could be used to take animals to auctions and shows.

English, Western, and Historical tack for horses. Buggies, wagons, carriages.

GF had these ideas
Jumping for horses, and ponies for children, pony traps/carts
Buffalo and deer for Indians to hunt and mountain men, more random wild animals, and the ability to train dogs to hunt and alert to wild animals.

I think that could be a sims game all by itself. Good ideas everyone.

Goats for milking and meat.

ducks for the pond.

Bushes with fruit, like blackberries and others

Stock tanks and troughs you would have to fill with water for your animals. She thinks you should have to water dogs and cats too LOL.

Cows would be milk or beef breeds.

Hay making, btw she loved the crop circle suggestion.

She also said she would like it if the ep could be made for future, present, and old fashioned farming methods. LOL
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 05:55:05 pm by Kivak » Logged

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
Wolfenblu

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 10:50:54 am »

Great idea.

Here are some more kind of side ideas

Say you buy a milk cow and some chickens to start your farm, you would have to buy feed.

Later you could grow feed and hand harvest it. Home grown feed would boost milk and egg production.

As your farm grows and you have more money you could buy a tractor and equipment or horses and horse drawn equipment.

As your sim farm grew you could buy additional land to add to the farm, in the back of it.

Wolfie
:happy8:
You can read my and my friend MysteryIslandKid's Stories at
http://www.lupinelegends.simlogical.com/
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 12:08:42 pm »

jeje i bet it'd be a lot of fun!
people create cows and sheep out of the dogs and cats from pets
ep and for you sim games creators: we all want this! take it into consideration =)

tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 12:38:07 pm »

Quote from: kevida97;1278830
Bumping this up again! Does anyone have anything that they want to add to the ideas already given?

after AL comes out, maybe we could suggest this on other main sims2 forums and perhaps set up a petition to send to EA.
Kivak

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 02:57:23 pm »

Oh I know how you could buy additional land, kind of like the business in OFB
Say you could buy pastures, fields, woodland, or scrublands for goat and sheep grazing.

Woodland would have to be cleared or used for hunting.

There was a petition for this on the original site but I think more people were interested in making magic type stuff then this.:happy8:

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 07:27:30 am »

I have thought of something else. "Mutli-use" crops! Crops that have more than one use could be used for more than one thing! Olives, for example, can be eaten but can also be used to make oil. Grapes  and apples can also be eaten but can also be used to make juice, wine or cider (respectively), as well as, vinegar. So multi-use crops are a good idea in my book!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: