Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 09:07:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloaded sims  (Read 1552 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dlockett61

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:03:10 pm »

I downloaded some ready made sims in my game about a week ago. I went to body shop to use them and my game crashed, I was told to go to my downloads folder and find the name of the sims I downloaded and delete them, but when I tried that, there are no names for the sims, so now what do I do? Should I just delete body shop all together or is there something else I can do without having to get rid of the whole game and lose all of my downloads? Or could I just go as far as I can and use what I have before I downloaded that other stuff.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 01:03:09 pm »

Were the files you install .sims2pack or .package put into a .zip or .rar file?
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 01:42:11 pm »

They were the sims2pack, I used the clean installer to open and put them in the game.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 02:07:50 pm »

maybe you don't have the EP's or SP's needed. I hink PETS was one of the games with a corrupt bodyshop, so you needed the patched game to make sims and clothes that worked with earlier EP's.

for removing them, try open up the files in clean installer again, and delete the files with only letters/numbers in it from your DL folder. those files are the sims themselves.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 04:51:40 pm »

I just got a brainstorm (watch out that could be dangerous) what if I take out the download folder, make a new one and put the items into it X amount of files at a time? I know it's going to require a lot of starting and stopping but I think that will be better than losing all of my files. What do you think?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 06:16:12 pm »

that's an exellent idea! (and one of the suggestions that usually pops up at least ten times in each game crashing thread...)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: