Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 05:39:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Object Errors.  (Read 3525 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kouklalicious

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2008, 05:13:24 pm »

Ever since I installed and started playing Free Time I have been getting all kinds of object errors *when my only options are to cance, reset or delte* for my sims. It happens EVERY time they get finished cooking and none of the cooking things *fridge oven etc.* or custom content. It happens at other random times in my gameplay too, but I've just noticed the cooking thing cause my sims have been living off of delivery for a while! Does anyone know what the problem is or how I can fix it? It's only started hapening since I've installed Free Time.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 06:58:11 pm »

some custom content is NOT compatible with Free Time. that goes for hacks and mods, too. try putting all your CC in a folder outside the game folder.

when you've done that, delete your accessory.cache and groups.cache files (it might be one more cache file, but can't remember the name right now).
(all loose files in the The Sims 2 folder that are not in folders, are usually safe to delete. these files might be buggy.)

run your game once (on a clean test lot), and see if the problems continues. if they don't, you've got buggy CC.

if you do have buggy CC, then the first thing you should do, is to locate the hacks and mods. these often needs updating for each new EP. if you've got insim or the old version of inteen, move these out first. inteen is updated for FT, but NOT INSIM!!!! insim can cause both visible or invisible problems with your game, and make it buggy.

you should also try to run your game again with the CC that are not mods/hacks. some of this might also need updating, or can't be used with Free Time.

when you've located all the mods/hacks and updated these, then try to run the game again with CC and mods. (and if it's still buggy, it's a slight chance that there's still a buggy mod in your downloads folder.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:05:06 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pasty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 04:44:40 am »

I'm having a similar problem, in my lots where i forgot to remove the insim spawned thingys i have these weird black and yellow shapes.  I thought of using the lot debugger, but I can only find a version for FFS not any later, just wondered if anyone had any advice.

Thanks
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 05:45:34 am »

is it possible to delete the shapes?

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pasty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 09:50:14 am »

No, nor are they visible at all times, generally they are, but some times i can zoom to a certain level and they are not visible.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:15:33 pm »

maybe you should try putting the insim in again, and then move around on the lots, deleting the spawned thingys? (and of course move insim back out again afterwards)

My site:

Pasty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 09:52:09 am »

Hiya again
thanks for the tip, I did that, and it seamed ok at first, but then it started again, so I moved the family out of that lot and in to a fresh plot, but the shapes came back.  I really don;t know whats going on.
Thanks
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 11:42:03 am »

Pasty, the FFS in FFS Lot Debugger stands for Flying Fish Systems, not any EP/SP.  Download the latest from MATY and it will work fine.  You may take a look at the Stuck Object Remover at MATY, too.

Koukalicious, you haven't posted any updates.  If the errors are occurring with Maxis items in addition to custom items, I suspect you have some cooking or food mods that haven't been updated for FT.  If it's still happening, the error box will give you the path to a file where the specifics on the error are listed.  Open up that file and see if it helps you figure out what's causing the problem.  If you can't make heads or tails of it, post it here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: