Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 09:15:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods That Allows Toddlers To Use Stairs  (Read 25753 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rebecah

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:35:43 am »

I know lots of people have asked to this mod for a very long time, and I've finally gotten around to creating it.

There is a mod for regulars and modular stairs. You really should download both.

One problem is I'm not sure if it will require Free Time. If anyone could test with other EP and report back I'd really appreciate it.

I tested it in Life Stories and it works..so it should work for base game, but I'm not positive.

Enjoy!

* BecksToddlerModularStairGlobalMod.zip (12.22 KB - downloaded 2525 times.)
* BecksToddlerStraightStairGlobalMod.zip (2.33 KB - downloaded 2267 times.)

* ToddlerStairs2.jpg (20.14 KB, 281x319 - viewed 4504 times.)

* ToddlerStairs.jpg (28.53 KB, 400x300 - viewed 4488 times.)

* ToddlerStairs.gif (443.35 KB, 80x167 - viewed 6884 times.)

* DiagonalStairs.gif (302.14 KB, 160x155 - viewed 6771 times.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:23:56 am by rebecah » Logged

For the best finds on the internet be sure to check this site for their daily listings. 

Click here
lilys
Color lover.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 06:25:50 am »

Great mod,
It add something interesting to the game.:-P
Quote from: rebecah;1229740
I know lots of people have asked to this mod for a very long time, and I've finally gotten around to creating it.

There is a mod for regulars and modular stairs. You really should download both.

One problem is I'm not sure if it will require Free Time. If anyone could test with other EP and report back I'd really appreciate it.

I tested it in Life Stories and it works..so it should work for base game, but I'm not positive.

Enjoy!

I'm lilys
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:40:46 pm »

wonderful! no more screaming toddlers!

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
socurious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 11:52:23 pm »

Has anyone told you how wonderful you are lately?  You truly create the most interesting things to make the game more enjoyable!  Thank you, very much.

...everywhere you go, there you are...:pickleride:
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:55:08 am »

I thought at one time toddlers were able to go up and down the stairs (crawling up and scooting down).

Can check this out and let you know if they work for FreeTime. Be back to comment on this. May be a little while since I don't have a toddler or two to spare for the test.

BTW, nice idea!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
rebecah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 01:31:41 pm »

Actually I do have FT EP it's the others I was concerned that it might not work with.  I have had reports from others that it works with most combinations of EP's without FT installed.  I do not know positively if it will work with base game only but it should.

For the best finds on the internet be sure to check this site for their daily listings. 

Click here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 01:55:27 pm »

Ah okay, I thought someone wanted to know if this works with FT. I suppose you can check with the base game, but there is one way you can actually test these things out with the program Numenor made. I believe it's called AnyGameStarter. It's updated for Freetime at Numenor's thread.

But still, I will comment here because not everyone have the same setups (regardless of expansion and stuff packs) and use different mods. Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
fway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 01:37:13 pm »

Quote from: rebecah;1231383
Actually I do have FT EP it's the others I was concerned that it might not work with.  I have had reports from others that it works with most combinations of EP's without FT installed.  I do not know positively if it will work with base game only but it should.

Why not try the AnyGameStarter by numenor? (Unless you've installed Kitchen and Bath, I suggest that you do not use it, I had to reinstall Kitchen and Bath after using it. XD )

By the way this is awesome! I don't have to worry about my toddlers screaming about not getting down. Now, for toddlers who can't walk is there/will there be a seperate one for this? Crawling up the stairs to be exact.

rebecah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 04:29:28 pm »

I had tried both of Numenor's Base Game types of programs and the last one he created messed up my game.  Rather than be critical of it.  I'll just say it's not something I care to use.

I know he has fixed it but I prefer to just test with Life Stories that is close enough for me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 04:34:56 pm by rebecah » Logged

Click here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 07:01:42 pm »

Came back to let you know this mod worked very well with FreeTime. My two toddlers went off to chase the butterflies in their backyard.

Numenor's AnyGameStarter was just a suggestion. I didn't know you already tried that before.

Anyways, this is an awesome mod. Many thanks for it!

Dancing Squirrels
Djadzia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 09:00:47 am »

Great job:-) thank you very much.
mamasimk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 10:07:35 am »

This is wonderful , I was getting tired of sending someone to pick up a toddler to take them outside or some other place, or using the cheat to teleport them there. Thanks!
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 07:40:33 pm »

Works wonderful for me. I have all EPs and only Holiday and Glamour Life stuff packs. I had forgotten that I downloaded this mod, and when I started the game, played my family with toddlers, it kinda freaked me out. LOL, it is so cute, but now I got to stop my toddlers in pjs from coming outside to get to the parents, in the middle of a snowstorm. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
cincysimlover

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 05:33:57 pm »

This is a great idea. Now there are no worries.
Llial

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 10:12:02 am »

Thank you for letting my Simparents chasing after the toddlers.  That's just like in real life. I love it.Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: