Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:29:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Suddenly Is Freezing or Crashing  (Read 1262 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mahoganyrain

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2008, 08:18:02 am »

I'm not sure if this is a Bon Voyage problem or something else. I added a university to a neighborhood that I created and one of the things that I do is change the college students' appearance with Christianlov's Sim boutique. Prior to the sudden freezes/crashes I never had a problem with either the hack or BV.
The freezes/crashes occur when:
1. When I'm looking through the brown colored hair section ONLY. Everything is cool with the black, blonde and red. When I get to the third page of the brown hair section, it freezes. Wait long enough then it crashes. But freezes more often.
2. I did download some new items. About three new hair hairstyles, and a lot of outerwear. Most of the stuff I downloaded though appear only on adults not young adults.

I'm sure that I didn't try everything so suggestions are welcomed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:31:33 am by Mahoganyrain » Logged
adelegarland

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 08:44:14 am »

I just had the same thing happen last week.  It was the red hair for me.  i removed the downloads, deleted the groups.cache file and ran the game, no problem.  I put everything back in - about 50% of the downloads at a time, ran the game between each add in (took about 5 times) and for some reason the problem went away.  I don't know what happened, maybe the downoads needed to be reinstalled.  But the problem has gone away completely. I hope this helps a little.  (I think the groups.cache thing may be the culprit)  Good Luck
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:31:21 am »

then you most likely have a hairstyle/mesh in the third page that is causing problems.

and not all clothing is for YA even if it's for adults. they have the same bodysize, but the creator of the clothing must either have Uni, or know how to make the clothing aviable for both adults and YA in simpe. I've not checked if that goes for the hair, too - but at least the clothing.

files that are safe to delete are accessory.cache, cigen.package and groups.cache.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: