Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:56:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Photoshop Elements 6.0  (Read 1895 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
chris626

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2008, 06:26:23 pm »

So I decided to buy photoshop elements. I was so happy when I first got it and everything. Installed it loaded it up and messed around with it. The something weird happened, ever since I installed it my CD/DVD drive wasn't reading any CD's that I would put in. Nothing was happening just a message that popped up and said that their was no CD in the drive. When I tried to play the Sims game it wouldnt load up it just gave me the same message. So we uninstalled it and my dad restored the computer. Since then everything worked perfectly. We tried it again. Once again no CD's were being read, and we had to restore it again and uninstall. Does anyone have and Idea of whats going on? Or what I could do?
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:47:15 pm »

I've had that problem about 3-4 usually If I turn my computer off and turn it back on everything goes back to normal and a few other times when I started it back up it went into disk check and after it  did all the disk checking everything went back to normal.It may have something to do with Photoshop Elements maybe it's the one causing all the problems with your cd drive.A while back I had Photoshop Elements installed on my laptop,and it would do the same thing it would cause my dvd/cd drive not to work at times and after it was removed my cd drive worked normal.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:50:05 pm by Spookylicious » Logged

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
Morbia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:17:54 am »

i had that problem too, never made the connection to PS though. i called tech support and they sent a guy out to replace my driver because i couldn't get it to work anymore. luckly it was still under warranty. before that it would stop working when i would max out the memory on my PC ^^; so you could make sure you have enough free mem. hopefully you won't have to replace your driver.
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 04:59:41 pm »

Quote from: Morbia;1230829
i had that problem too, never made the connection to PS though. i called tech support and they sent a guy out to replace my driver because i couldn't get it to work anymore. luckly it was still under warranty. before that it would stop working when i would max out the memory on my PC ^^; so you could make sure you have enough free mem. hopefully you won't have to replace your driver.

Yes,your probably right it really could be a memory issue because I have only had that issue with my laptop,I never have that problem with my desktop and it has alot more memory.

chris626

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 05:51:32 pm »

Well my computer has about 1024 Mb of memory and I haven't used it all. And my drivers are just fine. I also called some guy that works with computers and he said they were going to have to replace it for $85. I wasn't about to pay that much when my drivers are working perfectly fine. Its just photoshop that is causing my problem and I want to find a solution to this becuase I practically bought photoshop for it not to work. Right now all disc's are being read but if I went and installed Photoshop, no Disc's are going to be read.
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 09:23:23 pm »

Maybe it could be defective depending where you purchased and how long ago I would take it back and exchange it for another one and see if the other copy gives you problems.If your unable to return it maybe you could contact PS support and ask them because they may have a solution to the problem.

chris626

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 06:45:10 pm »

I bought it over at staples. Pretty anywhere they won't exchange it. Maybe your right I should contact PS support.

Edit: *Sigh* I still can't figure the problem out. and what really sucks is that I found these great tutorials on how to do stuff on photoshop elements. =[
Does anyone else have any ideas??
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:22:44 am by chris626 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: