Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 05:40:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems Downloading Skintones from The Sims Resource  (Read 2401 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Daniellegastin

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:40:35 am »

Hi,

I hope I can post this.

I had downloaded a bunch of Skintones from the Sims Resource and they allow you to make a sims2pack to install them all and I did that and I installed it and when I went to play the game none of the stuff I downloaded showed up.  I only have The Sims 2 and Nightlife, I doubt that's the problem, I tried to email them but they have never gotten back to me.

Has anyone else had this problem of downloading from that site, its a great site but downloading from them is hard.

Danielle
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 08:47:42 am »

Yes,I have experienced this problem with many Sims2Pack items from the resource,I have downloaded many rooms of furniture and attempted to install them with that method,but when I load the game not a piece of it showed up:smt120There must be a problem with their files or something

Lover of lederhosen
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:50:09 am »

did you check the star next to the skintones (which means custom content)? I didnt figure that out for the longest, lol!
if that's what you did, just download them individually. it makes more time, but I once did the create a huge sims2pack and I waited forever just to have half of it installed. ever since, I just download things individually and never had a problem!
just in case that after that they still dont show up, check your downloads folder, make sure the file is in there!!
hope that helps!

Check my sims out!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:09:36 am »

use the arrow download - it's a lot better. (I always use it, and I've not had any problems with the downloads on that site. everything shows up as long as I remember to download the meshes, too. remember to click the individual download also when you download recolored sets - so you get the correct meshes)

and also use the clean installer for sims2pack files. the original maxis download is at best buggy, and don't always install everything correctly.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: