Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:36:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the Sims 2 crashes... a lot  (Read 4318 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
manerova
Beauty in Disguise

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2008, 04:59:46 pm »

As the title says my game crashes a lot. I have no clue as to why.. I have posted in a previous thread about my game crashing before because of some cc. But the problem has gotten worse Sad My laptop runs the sims 2 fine and always has until a few weeks ago. At first there were some clothing files in the girls pj's that made the game crash. I couldn't find them so I decided that I could manage without custom pjs. But the game has started crashing more and more often. Usually when sims grow up and when they go to college or when neighbors visit or even when my sims get back from work. Sometimes it just crashes at random. It's so frustrating! I've also used the Sims 2 clean pack installer and got rid of all the red and pink files. I use no hacks, hacked objects and boolProp. I've had the game since launch and it never crashed on me. What should I do?

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 09:18:23 pm »

Try moving your COMPLETE downloads folder to desktop so NO cc at all will be present when you load the game and see if it is still hapenning without any cc.

if not, then something in the downloads folder is causing problem, you will need to isolate the problem by placing small batch of cc back in the game.  If it is still happening without any cc, you might need to reinstall the game since some files might have got corrupted.
manerova
Beauty in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 06:41:34 am »

Ok, I'll try that. But what will happen to my sims if I take the downloads folder out? Should I backup my sims and start new to see if it still crashes? Because won't they turn out all weird if I take all the cc away?

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 03:24:25 pm »

play on a clean lot (it's a good idea to have a test family that only has maxis content on them - to test new expansions, new CC, hack compability and so on. save the family when the lot is clean of CC, and then you can try out the CC/hacks)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
manerova
Beauty in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 06:12:06 am »

manerova
Beauty in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 02:27:43 pm »

Ok. I have another crashing problem Cry I have done everything you guys suggested and everything works fine, so thanks for that Cheesy but when my sims grow up it still crashes!
It only crashes when my elderly males grow up. I have tried to give them all maxis stuff before they grow up but it still crashes. I know for sure it can't be the cc because it crashes with every man :S ( and sometimes it crashes and then I reload the game and try to grow them up again and then they grow up as if it never crashed! So I'm not sure if it's a corrupt game file either... )

KATHkATH55

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 09:56:21 pm »

if you had a file that was causing it to crash before then it might have corrupted one of ur game files. i suggest you delete the cache,groups,accessory and content registry files in ur sims 2 folder. when i had a crashin problem with cc objects it used to crash even when i didn't have them in the game. i deleted those files and it makes it all better, like a clean slate. they regenerate when you load the game up so there safe to delete.

hope i helped,
good luck.
manerova
Beauty in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 04:11:01 am »

Ok another big problem... Lately the sim 2 started crashing AGAIN! I'm really hopeless at the moment. This time it wasn't custom content and deleting the cache files didn't work anymore. So I thought that there must be a corrupt game file like MissDoh said so I did a backup and uninstalled everything.
When I was re-installing the game, disc 2 of sims 2 nightlife wasn't working. My dvd drive(on the laptop) didn't read it and neither did the computer.
Does anyone know what's happening now? I'm almost losing hope since I don't want to buy it again and it's a huge ep with lots of features.

Charley

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 06:38:19 am »

I think you might have to just buy nightlife again! I had to do that with university!

Char
xxx

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 07:37:51 am »

Is your disc clean of any dust/fingerprints/etc?  And have you tried doing the process in Safe Mode (press F8 on the boot-up screen before your operating system loading screen comes up, then use your arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press Enter)  It might help you save a few bucks if it works.  Wink

manerova
Beauty in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 06:20:17 am »

Ok thanks everyone for your help! I fixed the disc problem.... It just needed a good scrubbing Cheesy I just have one last question.
I've been saving up for a new laptop for some time now and I was wondering if the graphics card has something to do with the game crashing. Because is it true that the better graphics card you have the more polys and vertics the game can take? (so that it doesn't crash anymore) Thanks!

Charley

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 07:58:46 am »

Yeah the better the graphics card the more it can handle!

Char
xxx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: