Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:09:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing Simming Motivation  (Read 7231 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 07:09:38 pm »

I must really be loosing interest right now. Today I went to find something, and thought I don't need that and I don't need all these links. I deleted 9 pages/subfolders full of Sims 2 links. I haven't downloaded in a couple weeks now I think. Plus, I think I'm going to go in and take my downloads and divide them again. I took it from 3 gigs to under 1 gig, and now I'm ready to get rid of more. I may just delete it all including the Sims depending on how I feel. I've never did this before. But, I'm thinking more and more it's time for me to just stick with my little games and get away from this PC more. I lost another friend, and she was only 2 years older than me. The second one this year. The other one was the same age as me. My father is still hanging on, but I don't know for how long. I'm starting to really believe I've spent too much time on other things, when I should have been spending more time with my family. We never know how long we have. Who knows how I'll feel next week or next month.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
zolabee

Some days are just after you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 08:10:50 pm »

You might want to go to nouk sims and read her article.  It'll turn you back on to sims 2 so fast it's scary!  EA looks like they're trying to control our lives. UGH!

Crazy Town - see it to believe it!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 09:54:54 pm »

I just read her article and the one she quoted originally from, zolabee...

http://www.giantbomb.com/2008/05/07/mass-effect-more-like-mass-activation-effect-am-i-right/

I have no more words of displeasure for EA that I haven't already said/thought.  I've completely run out, to tell the truth.  No one should have to jump through hoops and bark like a dog just to get a damned game to work for them.  :angry7:  Pirates or not, they've ruined the purpose of gaming if we have to do all of that to even keep it working... that would be more than enough to even stop one's motivation.  Adding such an anti-piracy feature would kill the joys of Spore and Sims 3 for a good number of people before they get a chance to take flight.  

It's official... forget everything I've ever said about Sims 3 in the past completely... and maybe even the gradually growing false hope I was beginning to have again for it.  If this happens, I'm definitely through with EA and PC gaming... :roll:  (not with Sims 2, hopefully, but it's gotten to the point that games just aren't fun anymore with all the crap developers keep pulling just to save every little penny they think they deserve for doing this...)

[/soapbox rant]

*BTW, I'm not in full support of soft-warez, but getting pretty dern close at this point, unfortunately... :? *
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:47:44 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 01:07:17 am »

I have way too much fun playing the Sims 2. I have two quirky characters that I play all the time. They keep me laughing constantly.

I own up to OFB. I did get Pe(s)ts, but I took it out. Too many problems.

I have no desire to get Sims 3, nor do I have any desire to infect my computer with that SecuRom crap.  

I'm having way too much fun now.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
BiscuitTheGreat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 08:47:40 pm »

With all the crap EA is pulling a lately I've totally lost interest. You may think thats harsh, but being a mac user too and no word of a mac version of Free Time yet, I'm so bored with it. Tired of waiting for Free Time and ep that may never even come to the mac. Plus tired of constant crashing and problems. I've been having a hoot playing other games at the moment.
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 03:43:23 pm »

I'm so sorry to hear of all your friends passing PegasusDiana and it's very true you never know what day is going to be your last,so it's always very important to spend as much time as you possibly can enjoying your life and spending time with friends and family,because you will never get the chance to see them or spend time with them once there gone.

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 06:49:53 pm »

Quote from: spookylicious;1244400
I'm so sorry to hear of all your friends passing PegasusDiana and it's very true you never know what day is going to be your last,so it's always very important to spend as much time as you possibly can enjoying your life and spending time with friends and family,because you will never get the chance to see them or spend time with them once there gone.

Thank you very much, it just has come as a shock. Both these women were not obese, they didn't smoke. Neither had severe medical problems I was aware of. One had RA. I met both of them through the internet about 10 years ago, and we've remained friends. One of them had just sent me a beautiful 10 page hand written letter, and that Monday the day I got it they told me she was gone. I never even got to say good-bye or let her know I had gotten the letter. Both were in my age group mid to late 40's, so not elder women. Really makes you think...Plus I miss them both. Especially Angie though, we had gotten really close, saw each other though many things.  Just seems like there is so much death all around us. All those poor people in China, my heart aches for them. The people in Myanmar over 100,000 people. So much pain...suffering.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 09:24:03 pm »

I, too, have lost some people in the last 2 years-mostly friends and just recently my aunt (she was elderly..about 92)-which has stopped me from doing much in the way of my beading hobby. The spark just isn't there to create much. I do great work, but it was beginning to feel like work..and I do enough of that for a living.
Sims2 takes me away from the woes and losses that I've been through. It keeps me from dwelling on tragedies I cannot help at all with, and manage to keep my temper from boiling over at the insanity that runs the world.
In fact, I just today made a self sim to live in my merged Pleasantview-and I can't wait to see how I make out in that incredibly strange universe.
Sure, it's a game. Sure, it might be childish; but if you give in to the darkness you will never see the light. I refuse to grow up, and I may grow old, but I won't allow life to rob me of little joys-like the lilacs that are coming out in bloom. Such beauty.

Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 09:35:55 am »

I've really lost my intrest over the last 3-4 months, It'll get fueled by a new EP from a  few days to a week, but then it'll die down, I'm slowly starting to play it again, but right now I'm doing other stuff.

And, Pegasus, I'm so sorry for your loss, I wish I could say more, but I've never really been through much of that that I can remember.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 09:39:22 am by Arialonomus » Logged

Science makes everything sound painful.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 07:36:11 pm »

PegasusDiana, I too wish to express my sympathy. I had an aunt die this Tuesday (20 May 2008).

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 01:20:00 am »

Ive had a lag in my simming mojo of late.
I just figured that the ebs and tides are natural for any type of interest. My interest is increasing, and Im sure yours will too.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: