Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:49:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In-Game Create-a-Family boxes block view  (Read 2522 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AndyB

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2008, 07:29:42 pm »

Hi,

I'm back to playing Sims2. After downloading some new stuff I wanted to create some new Sims and found it very irritating that whenever I want any custom outfits or skins or clothes the right side of the screen is empty, but the centre windows are blocking the Sim.

I'm attaching a screen shot to show what I'm talking about.

Is there any way to move the windows to the right so they don't block the Sim?

Thanks for any suggestions.

//AndyB

*attached image removed*

:blob6:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:48:02 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
drsims

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 08:53:04 pm »

wow now that is new,i have never see this be fore but that  for showing us ,,mthat is so reard...man ,,thanks.

:rant:yes fugly`s rule the sims world...and long live the sith....:party1:
AndyB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 02:33:19 pm »

Sorry if I have asked a stupid or funny question. I have searched for a remedy and not found anything. I have installed a different CAS but that did not help.

It is bugging me though, so I'd appreciate if anyone can tell me either that there is no cure or point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 02:36:51 pm »

maybe it's the screen size that is the problem. it can sometimes do weird things with the CAS. try clicking another ingame screen size (in the graphics area) and see if that helps. remember to click "use new settings" (or whatever it says).

(and no question is stupid - as long as they've not been asked thousands of times before, and is asked again because people can't find the search button, or don't care to look around for an answer before posting... happens all the time, and gets more and more annoying Sad)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 02:41:30 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 04:07:39 am »

I also have that issue.. but only since i got myself a widescreen monitor. Mine isnt as severe as your though... its way better after i changed the screen resolution to fit the monitor
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:02:24 am »

I've got a widescreen monitor, and the same thing happened to me once. but changing the screen size ingame fixed it Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
AndyB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 01:30:49 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for the helpful hints.

I tried the suggestion with changing the resolution. Yes, it does push the boxes further to the right, but not until I reach 800x600. Which means everything is pixelated and the buttons are huge. Reminds me of games I played in the 80's :-)

And the resolution then stays in the game which makes it very unattractive. So I switch back to the higher resolution.

Does anyone have a better idea - or should I say: more elegant, like a CAS that caters for higher resolutions?

Am I the only one who is freaking about this?

Thanks.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 01:51:19 pm »

I have that issue. i have my laptop on a CRT monitor cos i broke the screen on my laptop and i think it is summat to do with screen size!

Char
xxx

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 04:23:35 pm »

The maximum resolution you can get in game doesn't go as high as the resolution on a lot of the newer wide screen monitors, but there is a way you can fix that. A question on if this can be fixed popped up and I posted a link explaining the procedure here. It's quite simple Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
AndyB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 10:08:56 am »

Ooops, thanks for the suggestions.

It seems the CAS was not designed to "grow" with the resolution, so the middle bar connecting the buttons on the left with the selection window is static in size and does not expand to the right.

But look what happens when I, instead of reducing, actually increase the resolution:

* Sims_CAS.jpg (80.29 KB, 800x500 - viewed 138 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: