Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:55:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Sims  (Read 2460 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ghen

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2008, 05:40:03 pm »

Hey all,
Several of my sims seem to have 'disappeared' I first noticed (in the Neighbourhood view) when I tried to load up a lot of a single sim only to find it empty and 'inactive' (no plumbbob above lots either), this also happened to one of my couples. After searching all lots, I decided to check the memories of sims acquainted with the absent sims. They seem to have the memory: 'Met $$Stranger' (or something like that) with a blank thumbnail. My guess is that they've been deleted (or corrupted) but I haven't opened their neighbourhood in SimPE since I installed Kitchen and Bath stuff and I'm too nervous to mess around in the Character folders.

Also I noticed something strange when I loaded up BS yesterday, one of the sims seemed to have generated the same file over again, I'm not talking about just  the thumbnails; If I tried to edit them but they were ALL the same sim so I deleted them all. Might this have something to do with the reason some of my sims have gone AWOL?

Any help would be appreciated!
Ghen

x-posted 'cause I'm panicking.:smt120

saartje77

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 07:25:27 pm »

Have you extracted any of the sims that disappeard with simpe?

Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 07:34:15 pm »

No, as I haven't got a Kitchen & Bath version (is that out yet?)

saartje77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 03:20:31 am »

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, but my mom turned off the computer downstairs, which means no more internet on my pc.

I don't think it's out yet, but I thought that maybe you extracted them before you installed kitchen & bath.

Have you moved them from one neigborhood to another? Cause that made me lose some families once.

If not then I really don't have a clue what could be wrong. Sorry.

Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 04:25:43 am »

Have you change something in the neighborhood ? And it is (simply :roll:) since Kitchen and Bathroom stuff installation ? Or have you experienced a crash during a loading of the neighborhood ?
Really I don't see why suddenly some Sims disappear with such a memory in relations. :roll:

BS liaison ? :eh: I don't believe deleting some Sims there must alter the hood but... maybe... So have you create (before the disappearing) a Sim with such a template and put him (or her) in the neighborhood ?

With this memory I guess a summon via the Insim won't help, too bad. :-? Sorry Ghen, I can't get it.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 02:55:09 pm »

Check the neighborhood's Character folder and be sure the sims are still present.  The NPCs will have the same datetime stamp if you browse the folder with Windows Explorer and select the view Details.  With the default start up NPCs, all of your characters will have a later datetime stamp.

If you have your player characters in that folder still, you should be able to use SimPE to extract them if nothing else.  But if they are there, I'd create a new character, use your favorite cheats to make the new sim friends with everyone, then see if you can invite your missing sims over.  If they show up, add them to the family, then move them out, and you're on your way to recovering your sims in game.  There may be a way to do in with SimPE also, but I'm not smart enough on it to help you there.
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 06:18:08 pm »

Thanks for all the help, luckily it was a fairly 'new' neighbourhood so I've decided to extract all the remaining sims and remake the ones that went missing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: