Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 01:01:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think this hack should be in the adult section?
Yes - 82 (9.5%)
No - 780 (90.5%)
Total Voters: 301

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: Nurse Babies New Italian Translation Available(6/26/06)  (Read 372786 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2006, 01:22:05 pm »

Yayyy! A shiny new version! One question, though...do the changes mean that the parent will stop feeding when the baby is full? I know that unless you make the baby selectable you can't tell when the hunger bar is full and the parents were too dumb to stop feeding before so I would only allow them to feed for a set length of time. Otherwise, they would keep feeding until they either dropped dead or passed out.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2006, 01:32:26 pm »

Quote from: Ozzucay
Yayyy! A shiny new version! One question, though...do the changes mean that the parent will stop feeding when the baby is full?
Yes they will stop feeding when the baby is full at least they do in my game.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Ambular

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2006, 01:58:33 pm »

Quote from: discordkitty

edit: after reading some of the posts on the later pages of the thread, I think I'll try it with the nobabyharassment mod still in. Hopefully it works =D

Squinge, I was just wondering--since some people report these two hacks work together fine and others say they conflict, is it possible the order in which they load could make a difference?  I ask because feedbaby will load first if it's in the same folder as nobabyharrassment, but second if it's in a subfolder called Squinge and nobabyharrassment is in one called Pescado.  Just curious.

My Sims 2 Stuff:  Ambular's Artifacts | MATY
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: April 18, 2006, 02:04:30 pm »

Quote from: AmberDiceless
I ask because feedbaby will load first if it's in the same folder as nobabyharrassment, but second if it's in a subfolder called Squinge and nobabyharrassment is in one called Pescado. Just curious.
I don't think it matters what folder the hacks are installed under if they are going to conflict they will no matter where you put them(I may be wrong), I think most of the conflicts reported are with the previous version of this hack.

syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2006, 02:34:01 pm »

This  is my unofficial take on the matter.

Quote from: syberspunk
Quote from: jsalemi
Actually, Squinge made an update to Jase's version, so the file is back in the first message in the thread. However, Squinge does acknowledge that it will conflict with JMP's 'nobabyharassment' mod, and I much prefer that one, so the breastfeeding in my game will have to wait for JMP's awesome version.

I could be mistaken but I took a look at the code, and the new kitten killer compatible version that jase made should pretty much be compatible with the nobabyharassment mod too. The nobabyharassment modded the same Test BHAV found in the original Squinge version. If you have both of these mods in the same folder and you are running an NTFS file system (i.e. WinXP) then based on load order, Pescado's changes would clobber Squinge's, which would normally expand the availability of the breast feeding option.

However, with the newer version, jase abstracted the Test into a private BHAV, so as I understand it, they pretty much shouldn't conflict. So you should be able to use both in your game. I haven't confirmed this yet 'in-game' but I'm just making an educated guess based on what I saw in SimPE. Scanning with the new conflict checking tool should show that there are no direct clashes at least.

I'd say go ahead and give it a try. It shouldn't hurt anything. Most conflicts like these are minor ones anyway.

Ste

As I said, I didn't test it out myself... but just glancing at the BHAVs themselves, it looks like it might be ok. But don't take my word for it. In the very least, it shouldn't cause any major problems, and if you do find that they still conflict, you can just take one out. Tongue

Ste
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 02:37:09 pm by syberspunk » Logged

jase439

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2006, 02:34:44 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
I don't think it matters what folder the hacks are installed under if they are going to conflict they will no matter where you put them(I may be wrong), I think most of the conflicts reported are with the previous version of this hack.

It matters to a point.  If two mods conflict...which package gets loaded first is dependent on whether or not they are in subfolders or not.  The file that loads last trumps anything that was loaded before it. Its not really a question of IF two mods will conflict (if a conflict exists), but how they conflict (i.e. who stomps on who).

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2006, 02:52:52 pm »

Quote from: jase439
It matters to a point. If two mods conflict...which package gets loaded first is dependent on whether or not they are in subfolders or not. The file that loads last trumps anything that was loaded before it. Its not really a question of IF two mods will conflict (if a conflict exists), but how they conflict (i.e. who stomps on who).
Ok thanks for the info I wasn't sure how that worked.

jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2006, 05:05:11 pm »

I have to say again I see no conflicts with no baby harassment, except that the mothers do have a desire to nurse the babies a lot - in other words, no baby harassment doesn't stop THAT, but then, it couldn't unless Pescado were to update it now to be compatible with this mod.  But all other obsessive baby/toddler behaviors that no baby harassment stops are still stopped.  About the only thing parents want to do autonomously with babies and toddlers is put them to bed, which is the way it always was before.  So I'd say the two mods can definitely be used together.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2006, 05:43:22 pm »

Quote from: jphill11
So I'd say the two mods can definitely be used together.
Ok thank you very much for posting your test results.

monkeydude2
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2006, 05:46:54 pm »

I think its great, but one thing bothers me.. that the guys can breast feed too, as shown in the pictures.. I think that's kind of weird. Is there anyway to only let the girls breastfeed?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2006, 05:55:33 pm »

Quote from: monkeydude2
I think its great, but one thing bothers me.. that the guys can breast feed too, as shown in the pictures.. I think that's kind of weird. Is there anyway to only let the girls breastfeed?
Yes download the female only version.

Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 19, 2006, 01:48:11 am »

Quote from: Squinge
Yes they will stop feeding when the baby is full at least they do in my game.

Thanks! Redownloading now!

Ditzy78

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 19, 2006, 06:25:49 am »

Brilliant I love it.
momzgurlz3

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2006, 11:15:55 am »

Thank u soo much 4 this I think every1 who has this game has been waitin 4 this. Smiley

I wish everyone could just get along and be happy Smiley
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2006, 06:14:08 pm »

This works great! I put nobabyharassment back and I don't have any problems whatsoever! Yayy!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: