Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 07:16:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Shop and UnFertile Sims  (Read 2645 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
icy_bliss_magic

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2008, 08:35:22 pm »

I'm not 100% sure that this should be here, but my latest expansion pack is BV so I'm going to take a shot at it.
I want to work out my kinks before installing FreeTime.

For some odd reason I (my sims) cannot buy clothing, jewelry, perfume, groceries, etc...
it is very odd to me, because this has never happened before.
whenever i click on the interaction 'browse clothing' etc. a jump bug occurs.
What's worse, is that sometimes whenever my sims visit a lot they simply disappear and life mode disables, and slips into buy and build modes.
Oddly, though, whenever i click on a clothing rack I get the regular options, as well as a 'Maternity' Section... I never downloaded Maternity Wear before... and never really plan to. I have a feeling that has something to do with it... as H&M stuff never had this feature.

Also, for some reason my sims can't get pregnant. I try for baby and i hear the tinkering bells, but her belly does not grow. I've been waiting days and days and they're starting to grow old!

My sims seriously needs makeovers!

My reasoning for this problem is hack conflict, so I've compiled a list of my hacks:
85b85b8fb63183ccd58310f8cf01d265.pkg
AdoptinPoverty.pkg
Chinese & Coffee Sit Down fix Ver. 1.1.pkg
LotFullofSims0x0177.pkg
MQ_Teleport.pkg
Numenor(Dizzy2)_GlobalHack_Smarter-Lights_AllGames.pkg
OFB_ServoChangeAppearancePack.pkg
Plastic Surgery for Teens.pkg (I will NOT take away this one, this one is my savior!)
SharedIsChairABoothGlobal.pkg
SharedIsSofaASectionalGlobal.pkg
ailias_dresstowel_all_ResidentialOnly.pkg
call-anyone.pkg
dailygardener.pkg
marriage-postmortum.pkg (I got this one a long time ago, but I REALLY hate it when couples separate post mortum.)
moveoutteens.pkg
nocorruptdeath.pkg
phonehack.pkg
satellitehack.pkg
telescopehacked.pkg

I also have replacement skins and eyes.

Also, I've tried using Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility, but apparently I've got too many downloads (6915LOL)

Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility - Version 2.00.03

Error: 6
Overflow

Module: frmHackMain
Procedure: cmdScan_Click

Install Path: D:\The Sims 2\Misc
Data Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents
Sims Path: D:\The Sims 2\The Game\

*other notes
I installed H&M Stuff AFTER Pets... think that's got something to do with it?
I have a lot in my university (a dorm) that has both community and residential objects in them (change lot type cheat)... but i did not get these objects from a hack... this got something to do with it too?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 09:49:54 pm »

My first thought is one of those hacks are not BV compatible anymore.  Go on the site you originally got them and check for updates and if none, remove it.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 10:24:20 pm »

Delete 85b85b8fb63183ccd58310f8cf01d265.pkg immediately.  You have no idea what this is, unless you've identified it with Clean Installer as a recolor of something.  Chances are it's a rogue hack you picked up from a downloaded house and it's causing you problems from the get go.  If you don't have LotFullOfSims from Jordi, this could also be a problem.  This is the only one I'm aware of that has been updated for the more recent EPs.

You can get the HDCU to run my temporarily moving bodyshop type CC along with recolors out of the Downloads folder.  Leave the mods and objects there to be scanned.  Clean Installer would be helpful in doing this.
icy_bliss_magic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 10:32:53 pm »

actually, 85b85b8fb63183ccd58310f8cf01d265
is the 'eat any meal anytime hack'
i might delete it,
as it's not that useful...
i end up eating omelets in the mornings anyway.

i would try to move things, but unfortunately, i have 6915 downloads and it is too inefficient to move things around.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:17:33 am »

Quote from: icy_bliss_magic;1238722

i would try to move things, but unfortunately, i have 6915 downloads and it is too inefficient to move things around.

That's where Clean Installer comes in handy.  Have it scan your download's folder, then select everything that's doesn't have a type or has the type of game object.  Maybe leave the career type too.  Once you have those all selected, you can right click on one, then move (via browse) all the highlighted ones to a different folder, to include one you create in the move process.

Run HDCU, then move everything back to downloads.  You may even consider making subfolders then for each of the file types CI identifies to help sort through things later.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 12:39:26 pm »

Do what MissDoh suggested.

I spotted, that the "phonehack" is already redundant, because EA fixed the "who will go?" problem. And "marriagepostmortum" is already updated to be compatible with BV. So is "dailygardener".

The problem is not your plenty downloads (objects, clothing, hair, etc) - but the hacks. Better take them out of the game (they are not so many), put them in one by one, and taste the gaming for bugs. Choose the main bug you have, and try it with all the hacks separately. I did it in University, because my sims couldn't go to class, and the culprit was the "nojelousy" hack.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 07:46:40 pm »

You can use Delphy's download organiser from mts2 to categorize all your downloads and put them in subfolders, that way it will be way easier to isolate culprits.  You can also check for duplicates or orphan stuff with it.  Very usuful tool considering how many cc you have.

If you are not willing to take out some of your downloads or use the tools we suggested, there is not much we can do to help you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:49:21 pm by MissDoh » Logged
icy_bliss_magic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 12:09:14 am »

sorry about the late reply

i downloaded cleaninstaller to identify my hacks.

i had a huge spring cleanout of old downloads and hacks:
my new list of hacks follow:
marriagepostmortum.pkg
MQ_Teleport.pkg
nocorruptdeath.pkg
Numenor(Dizzy2)_GlobalHack_Smarter-lights_AllGames.pkg
Plastic Surgery for Teens.pkg
SharedIsChairABoothGlobal.pkg
SharedIsSofaASectionalGlobal.pkg
ailias_dresstowel_all_ResidentialOnly.pkg
satellitehack.pkg
telescopehacked.pkg
call-anyone.pkg

and one pending (it made my HDCU freeze)
LotFullofSims.pkg (I actually want to put this one in... any advice?)

With this new list my shopping problem is fixed, and my sims get pregnant.

BONUS:
i saw this http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=278072 and i am seriously considering it.
i am thinking of adding it onto my existing pleasantview (since i haven't started to play the other neighbourhoods ever since i reinstalled)
any advice?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 12:11:42 am by icy_bliss_magic » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 01:27:58 am »

Great to hear your game's playable again.  If you got things working with only LotFullOfSims not in your game, you could always try putting it in.  If the game doesn't continue the way it should, take it back out.

If you do decide to put the Mega-hood in, make sure you back up your existing neighborhoods first.  That way you can take it out and get back to where you are if you decide you or your computer don't like it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: