Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:31:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My game crashes, specially in Downtown Area  (Read 2567 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LynSky

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2008, 07:08:03 pm »

It never happened to me before... I recently installed Open for Busines and Nightlife. And now, specially when I'm in the Downtown Area my game, after a few minutes, says that there is a problem and that is now going to close (something like that).

I don't know why... My game was fine before I installed those two I think. I did had installed those two games in the past, and that didn't happened to me, just that, like three months ago I decided to uninstalled them because my game was too slow, but not because of crashes. So I'd wait until I upgrade my RAM to 1 GB to re-installed them again.

Just so you know, my game (even with NL and OFB) is not slow and/or have problems with graphics. =(

Beside those two, I have Universities and Seasons.
Stuff packs: Glamour Life Stuff, Happy Holiday Stuff, Celebration! Stuff, H&M Fashion Stuff.

I don't know if you need to know something else... Please help me. =(
Oh, and I'm really sorry if my english is too bad... I'm still learning.

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz (Laptop)
Hard drive: 69,2 GB (free space: 34,2 GB)
RAM memory: 1,49 GB
Graphic Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family (128 MB)
Graphic Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family (128 MB)
(according to EVEREST, I have two graphic cards)

“Hope is the Dream of a Soul Awake” Proverbio Francés
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 09:23:02 am »

do you have any downloads installed? downloads - especially those that are not compatible with your EP's (hacks are usually VERY sensitive to EP's...), can be buggy and crash your game.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
LynSky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:51:53 pm »

I do have downloads (skintones, clothing, hairs... and just three game objects, and two of them are hacks), but I didn't have this problem before and I haven't  download anything new in like three weeks)... And this problem is recent. But I think is something with NL EP, because my game crashes in any place in the Downtown Area...

I think I can play without my game crashing if I don't go to the Downtown A. =(

I don't know... Do you think is because of my downloads? But I don't think is a hack problem, because I just have a hack that makes free "The Drink (or Elixir) of Life"  and the other one is just a hacked object, a "coat hook" that allows me to buy any clothes for free and without going to a Community Lot.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:54:03 pm by LynSky » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 09:26:58 pm »

Try taking your downloads out and see if the game crashes or not. If it doesn't, then it's something in your downloads folder Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
LynSky

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 02:05:48 am »

Ok, I'm going to do that. =)

By the way, I didn't install the expansions packs or stuff packs in the correct order, you don't think that's the problem... right? And I didn't patch any of my games, I know there are patches for (almost) each EP, but I never cared about patching my games... Should I start doing that? Do you know if that could be the problem or it has nothing to with it? =S

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 04:05:05 am »

It is very wise to patch your games. It's practically a priority nowadays.

Download the patches to your games and then try playing it. You'll notice a big difference in gameplay.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Tess35

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:39:18 am »

ekozski where can I get the patch for freetime?  I have never used those because they have alot of mb.  mine is crashing also.  thanks for any info.

"Out on the road between nowhere and here........"
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 10:32:09 am »

LynSky, there will be alot of people who'll say the order you install your eps in doesn't matter, but with EAxis I always like to err on the side of caution. Also, patch you game after you install each ep.

For example

Install sims 2, then patch
Install Uni, then patch
Install NL, then patch

And so on.

Tess, the patch for FT has been removed from the site...apparently it broke more than it fixed (go figure).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 06:10:30 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Tess35

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 03:48:27 pm »

oh thanks. I went ahead and downloaded BV patch. I am going to see how the game does now.

"Out on the road between nowhere and here........"
LynSky

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 05:51:26 pm »

Well, today I played with another of my sims family (one that cames with the base game) and went to the Downtown Area and my game didn't crash at all... I haven't play without my CC though, but I think I'll re-install everything again (this time I'll try installing them in the correct order) and do what you (caffeinated.joy) say: Install Sims 2, then the patch, Sims 2 Uni, patch and so on...

Thank you all for your help. =D
If I see the problem continues, then I'll try playing whitout any downloads for a while and see if that's the problem. Yeah, I'll start patching my EPs, I never really cared about doing that, but now I will.

Thanks again. =)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: