Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:54:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: New version of SecuROM  (Read 20798 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
The T

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2008, 03:05:00 am »

More info at
http://noukiesims2.net/wp/?p=533

- After installing, you will have to get a serial number online. (No interwab? You’ll probably have to get phone activation. Prepare for a nice long wait.)

- After 10 days, you need to get online to let it check if your serial number has been blocked for leaking or piracy, and if it was, you will not be able to play the game you purchased. (Bad kiddies need to be punished!) (What the heck will owners of phone activated games do?)

- After that, you will have to login every 10 days to keep your game working. (Forget about your vacation, you have responsibilities at home!)

- You can only reactivate your serial number about 3 times. After that, you need to contact EA for a new one. (With their helpdesk/forum/site/phone people telling you to reinstall your game with every hick-up it makes, be prepared to pay more cash and have more hassle than for any other game. Well.. except those with SecuROM ofcourse.)

By the way, in this news
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52618

Q: If the game isn't going to require an authentication every 10 days, will it ever require re-authentication?

A: Only if the player chooses to download new game content.

Electronic Arts also released a statement mentioning that Spore's copy protection will be similarly changed to allow for offline play, only requiring validation on a patch or game content update.

SecuRom is suck ; it make kittens cry.

I think EA is digging their grave now because this copy protect might make people turn to piracy to avoid the mess.

We already know that Spore will use it, but do you think they will also included in Apartment Life and Ikea, too ?

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 03:55:29 am »

And people wonder why I don't buy more games. There's the proof right there.
I have The Sims 2 base game, University, Nightlife and OFB.

I did have Pe(s)ts, but I took it out, way too many problems. Even after I patched it. I refuse to buy anymore games from EA.

I also have Diablo II, Lord of Destruction.

I'm content with those.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 07:17:15 am »

I'm going to wait for a while, before I buy IKEA stuff I think. I mean, the SecuROM that comes with BV and Ft and stuff I can deal with, but having to log on every 10 days? Are they serious? Really, I don't know what got into EA. It's like they want to prevent us all from buying their stuff or something. o.o

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

The T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 09:31:35 am »

Quote from: AlbinoBambi;1239855
I'm going to wait for a while, before I buy IKEA stuff I think. I mean, the SecuROM that comes with BV and Ft and stuff I can deal with, but having to log on every 10 days? Are they serious? Really, I don't know what got into EA. It's like they want to prevent us all from buying their stuff or something. o.o

According to ShackNews EA reconsidered it and made it check only when you download new contents, but still keep the 3 installation limit.

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 11:43:28 am »

Before SecuRom, the games were selling, there were pirates. Most consumers ignored them. After incorporating SecuRom with BV, there still were pirates, but now the consumers are not ignoring them.

Now EA/Maxis wants to make the game less pleasant and annoying? I think they are driving consumers to consider piracy, I am included. Darn SuckyRom. Sad

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 12:45:14 pm »

The cow Pies have hit the fan EA has dropped the every 10 activation and check,but have kept the 3 install limit
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 02:32:25 am »

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=52618
At least they're listening a little.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 05:44:41 am »

"... For the troops."  :rofl:  Not for just your average consumer though, right?  Don't leave us hanging, too!  :lol:

Thanks to our active soldiers out there who play the game.  Seriously, that's only a little ways to go, but your status helped a good amount in that part.  Hopefully with your input, they'll reconsider on that three-install thing, too... it's a shame when we can't even enjoy a game because the gaming corporations have trust issues with their own legal consumers... :roll:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 05:49:08 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 07:18:33 am »

I say that's a shame! *shakes finger at EA/Maxis*

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 07:28:45 am »

Anybody interested in "SecuROM Must Be Destroyed" clothing?
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 07:33:16 am »

another good reason why I shouldnt get Sims 3

Check my sims out!
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 09:30:17 pm »

At least they're listening for the first time, and have removed the 10 day activation thing.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 10:17:51 pm »

Meh... if they had listened in the first place when they switched that mess, the whole uproar would've never happened.  Karma, maybe?  :lol:

Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 01:20:32 am »

This is completely insane! I do hope that they reconsider the whole issue!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 01:41:43 am »

They've made some changes, like the 10 day thing. But Secu-Rom is here to stay.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: