Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:01:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you guys think of the 2 new EA , EP's?  (Read 4013 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
laydeek

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:27:56 am »

Truly I don't think my computer can handle another EP ! as I am avid Sims player...what they need to come up with is a system to handle all the downloads   so you can run the game without all the crashes and something to handle the files so it shortens the hours it takes the game to load! However they really got it made! as I am totally hooked and all of the above probably wont stop me from buying the new expansions! What do you guys think?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 08:01:26 am »

Well, if they get rid of SecuRom, I might buy them.

They do look good, I admit to that.

SecuRom=no buying.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 08:48:50 am »

Quote from: ekozski;1271247
Well, if they get rid of SecuRom, I might buy them.

They do look good, I admit to that.

SecuRom=no buying.

My sentiments exactly.  I like the ideas implemented in each EP... and I'm dying to try animation mods that come with each from Jaydee's site because I'm having the absolute hardest time of thinking of new poses and actions in my shots.  But I'm not touching a thing from them anymore until something's done about that.  Sad

Sad thing is, as long as people are stuffing money in their pockets each time they get drawn in, they don't care what we all think because their "a dollar richer" and that's all that seems to matter.  They just pass those who disagree off as trolls and belly-achers and go on about their way.  Oh well.  :?

(... but AL is the first EP I've almost died over in a very long time.  Hugging toddlers, infant objects, peek-a-boo... why are they insisting on tormenting me?!  It's killing me doing a personal boycott at the moment... but sometimes certain things need to be done that take higher precedent.  :crybaby:)

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:05:30 am »

(... but AL is the first EP I've almost died over in a very long time. Hugging toddlers, infant objects, peek-a-boo... why are they insisting on tormenting me?! It's killing me doing a personal boycott at the moment... but sometimes certain things need to be done that take higher precedent. )

now I REALLY want AL!!!!!!

I don't think I've experienced any problems with SecuRom myself (but I'm not exactly the biggest computer genious in the world, so what do I know...)

apartment life sounds good - but I'm unsure whether my computer can handle another EP. though, I do need a new computer soon. my own is almost 4 years old now, and it's started to act weird (like turning itself of if i gets too hot). I need a more powerful computer with more memory, I think...

looking forward to getting indoor roofs, though. I really don't have patience enough to use the downloadable ones. takes too long to place them...
and I really hope that this time the EP is really worth the money. after what I've read, it sounds really good - but EA has always been good with promises they can't keep.

IKEA stuff... nah. Though, if they manage to put in some useful stuff I might buy it. I usually end up liking a third of the stuff in the stuff packs. some I've never used.

the games (and the amount of DL's I can't manage without...) are way too hard on the computer system. I just hope AL won't blow up my comp...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
laydeek

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 01:58:42 pm »

I agree with both of you completely!
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 04:58:04 pm »

I have pre-ordered both of the new Expanison Packs,A s... I have to wait 2 weeks I think for the IKEA STUFF(I have to say this I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!),feel better now and the other on is will be released on Aug 26th 2008
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 05:20:56 pm »

Good luck.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
laydeek

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 10:47:13 am »

Well after reading the debate about Securom I am going hold my purchase of the new EP until it is reviewed.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 02:39:47 pm »

for apartment stuff - just saw a video at youtube showing the toddler hug, and it´s SOOOOO cute! can´t wait for the playgroundstuff either. finally some useful stuff. I think EA waited with the best EP for the end.

(too bad with the securom business for those with problems, though...)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
wake.the.sun

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 04:34:33 pm »

I think AL looks amazing. I'm gonna wait a while after it's released (as I've down with most of the eps) and see what people are saying about it before I really think about buying it. If there are too many problems, I'll wait.

Never bought a stuff pack and I don't ever plan to unless I get more memory and have money to burn. Though I think they've all been cool ideas. Just not worth 20 bucks.

I'm one of the lucky souls that hasn't been affected by securom. After reading many horror stories about it I'm hesitant to buy BV, though I really do want it. Same might end up happening with AL, not sure yet.

But they both seem like awesome expansions, just wish we wouldn't have to worry about them messing with our computers & causing havoc, lol.
Lorreign

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 11:53:14 am »

I must say, I really like how AL is sounding. WITCHES! But the whole SecuROM makes me very hesitant. Only reason why I haven't gotten FT yet, cause as much as I love the game, I don't want to kill my computer.
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 07:21:29 am »

I am also one of the few lucky people unaffected by Securom,so I am definately going to buy Apartment Life,the return of witches is what sold me,but I also like the idea of the playground equipment and new child and toddler interactions,my Sim kids are driving me nuts with constant cops and robbers(most of them spend their childhoods sitting in a corner,playing with toys,just to stop all the racket)I also like the idea of putting Sims in an apartment building,most of mine will live in an apartment or trailer park,just to save room in my 'hood:angel:

Lover of lederhosen
Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 11:44:23 pm »

I'm planning to buy AL - hoping not to have issues from SecuRom and already resigned to wait for the patch to get everything working.
For the first time sinc the Christmas Stuff, I'm passing on Ikea. My system is already handling a huge amount of downloads (not to mention the 7 EPs and 7 SPs) and I think a further expansion is all it can safely handle without exploding ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: