Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 09:08:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Ministories  (Read 3901 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
spiderviveka

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2008, 05:05:43 am »

Ok, so I want some advice on this. I want to know what you guys think.

I love making sims stories, but as a writer I have an extremely short attention span.

So, I have been wanting to do something sort of comic strip style. What I mean by that is having the same characters in various different skits. Of course, I have been wanting to do something with a Sci-fi theme, and preferably humorous. Do you guys think I could make this work? Any suggestions?

Maggots are just flies in sleeping bags.
zolabee

Some days are just after you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 05:15:17 pm »

Why wouldn't it work?  You could overlap the stories so that they fit together like a soap opera.  If you've ever watched one (I did in college).  Soaps have huge cast and not everyone is seen everyday.  Some of the story arcs are longer, some shorter and yet they mesh together.

I would spend a little time plotting and deciding how I wanted to go and then set forth on an adventure.  And as with soaps... change if it's not working and move in a new direction.  Your story, you take it where you want it to go...or maybe it will take you.  Just have fun with it and know that you can't really mess it up...just take a new path!

Crazy Town - see it to believe it!
steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:45:58 am »

I think it could work. But then, pretty much anything could work if you do it right. Give it a try and show us (prod prod) Smiley
spiderviveka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 10:29:47 pm »

I plan to. My EMT-B course is almost over, so I am going to have all summer to work on more artistic endeavors (among other things) before I have to start doing regular crew duties. Thanks for the feedback! I already have some ideas.

Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:47:23 am »

I think it's great idea. I liked the short sim story you did about the guy bleeding from his eyes lol. I think you could definitely make something both sci-fi and humorous. Can't wait to see what you come up with. =)

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
spiderviveka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 04:55:13 am »

That story was meant to be humorous, but I don't know if anyone really got it. I have a very morbid, out there brand of humor.

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 12:06:54 pm »

spider I got it!  Loved it reminds me of some old horror shorts that were meant to be weird, gory and ironic.
Kind of like some twilight zone episodes or Night Gallery.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: