Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:50:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make a custom paint?  (Read 4063 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SexyLessySim

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:13:29 pm »

Hello.

I need help on how to make my own decorative painting. I have look for a tutorial but I can't find it.

I'll apreciate any help.

BTY.

Thanks for all the lovely things you make... hope some day I can make one myself.

Van
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 05:41:54 pm »

First you need SimPE (Simple Package Editor): http://sims.ambertation.de/

You will also need CEP (Colour Enable Package) from here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92541

And Microsoft .NET framework 1.1 from Microsoft Update

And it is highly recommended you get nVidia DDS Utilities from here: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/dds_utilities.html

----

Once you have all these and they are installed, There are 2 different ways to do this.  Wizards of SimPE which will allow you to edit the texture of existing game paintings (including frames) -- this is separate from the main SimPE programme but included in the install -- or Photo Studio -- which is part of the main SimPE programme

Ok - first i recommend you download the templates and paintings from this link: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45647

put the templates (in q_bigposters_templates.rar) here: C:\Program Files\SimPE\Data

Then in SimPE - look for EXTRA at the top, then select PREFERENCES

In the System Folder section - Set the Nvidia DDS Tool folder: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA DDS Utilities (or D: or E: where ever it was installed) -- the rest you will best be served by default

Click OK

Click TOOLS, then mouse down to OBJECT CREATION, then select PHOTO STUDIO.

It will take a moment to load the tool, but next will come up the tool that will make easy recolours of the meshes for paintings. tinker with these until you recognise one you like best; in this case I recomment Qortex's Sunset in the Outback there are several frame colours - but select one you like.

Then import the image you want to use, reverse the image may or may not be necessary on differnt templates. You will have to experiment to find what works for each (it's a good idea to keep notes) .

-----

The Wizards of SimPE method:

in the SimPE folder of All Programmes, you will find Wizards of SimPE, it takes a while to start up, but you can find and recolour most of the Maxis items here.

Start it and select Recolours

Select the decoration icon when it is done loading, then scroll til you fin a photo you like for proportion (usually Lady on Red is best for 2x3 ratio paintings).

click the painting you want to recolour, then click NEXT at the bottom

On this next screen click the painting and EXPORT

Then using a photo editor that supports PNG format (Photoshop, Gimp, etc) alter the exported image to your liking - save the changes

return to Wizards of SimPE and Import the texture, then click NEXT

name the file something like my-new-painting.package or any name you choose without accents or spaces.

it will save the file in your downloads folder.

-----

Always check your work in game (find the item like any recolour of an object)

Hope this helps,

Yakov/beosboxboy

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
SexyLessySim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 10:40:45 am »

Thanks a lot, this is very easy to follow up. I apreciate your help a lot, and I hope to post something today in your honor.

Van
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 12:52:58 pm »

Very glad to be of help Van - hope to see some great things from you soon Smiley

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: