Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:51:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Few Questions  (Read 1529 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AylaRanzz

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2008, 02:46:17 am »

Alright so I've tried to find this info elsewhere, gone way back through the help section and the stickies and still can't find it.

Ok, so question one is what exactly to InSim and InTeen do? I cannot for the life of me find this information.

And, I'm gonna be getting Pets soon and I know there are patches that should be installed before installing Pets, but I don't know which ones are totally necesary or where to find them.

And one more, how do I backup my game?

Answers to these would be awesome. Thanks so much!!

Arielle
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 03:01:55 am »

If you've never used InTeen, I wouldn't even look at it now.  Shortly after making a FT compatible version, the creator announced his retirement from the community to include support for InTeen.  His site has been made read only to ensure no requests for support can be made since he's not monitoring it anymore and will be shut down completely this summer.

InSim takes many of the game cheats and a whole lot more and puts them all together in one mod to make the gaming experience easier if you chose to use them.  Many gamers refuse to even buy a new EP until InSim is updated for it.  Others limit the use of InSim to setting up specific conditions for the game to play.  Version 2.7 is compatible with every combination of TS2 and the EPs with the exception of any installation that includes Free Time.  If you don't have Free Time, get it and be amazed at everything it can do (just be sure you read the documentation so you know what you're getting.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 05:59:49 am »

backups are easy: I copy everything in the "The Sims 2" folder (my computer/my documents/EA Games/The Sims 2) and paste it into a new folder somewhere else on my computer. (it's not necessary to copy the Downloads folder if you have a lot there, but if you want to be sure that everything is there if you have to re-install the game, you should back up this too)
you can also save those files to an external harddrive or a cd or something like that.

the backup will only work with the EP's you have installed when you did the backup, so if you install a new EP/SP afterwards, you must remember to uninstall them for the backup to work.

to put in the backup, you remove all the current files in the folder mentioned above, and then copy/paste the backup into the empty folder.

PATCHES: you can find patches over at the official site http://www.thesims2.ea.com

I think one of the site modders had a list over what to install first and last when it came to EP's versus patches. I don't know where I found it, but it was written by one of the site modders BeosBoxBoy

INTEEN: the info about inteen is on the inteen site.

INSIM: there's both a FAQ area, a support manual, and a detailed explanation about the entire thing in the insim-mod area.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 05:38:31 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
AylaRanzz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:50:20 pm »

Thanks for all the info, guys. ^_^ That all makes so much more sense to me now then when I was trying to figure it out on my own.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 02:58:17 pm »

if you do get any problems there's a an insim help forum on here too, scroll down under community downloads to the insim section

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: