Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:55:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop crashing  (Read 2512 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Why Lie

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2008, 03:47:54 am »

Well after a few years of using body shop, It crashes on me.  I've not downloaded anything other than clothes recently, and have taken out my downloads and tried that. but nothing seemed to work.  can anyone help?

I've included screen shots of what i found in the My Documents>EA Games>sims 2 folder, and what it says when bodyshop crashes if that helps.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:47:37 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 04:01:46 am »

have you tried to delete the groups.cache, accessory.cache, contentRegistry and cigen.package files? they can make bodyshop buggy.

also make sure the clothing you've got works ingame too. there might be a buggy file in there.

files like that should not show up in that folder if bodyshop works correctly, so there's probably a bug somewhere. move those files out of the folder, and try starting bodyshop again.

and you are using the latest version of bodyshop? (the one for latest EP/SP)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 04:55:35 am »

Bodyshops still crashing, It gets to the 2nd maybe 3rd bar when loading then does that.  even after deleting the caches, Cigen and content registry.  

I am using the most recent version, Or rather, I was till it started playing up
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 06:03:02 am »

maybe you have a corrupt sim? have you tryied taking out your save sim folder it happen to me because of a corrupt sim i took out my saved sim folder and bodyshop work.

Good luck

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
jaykay13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 06:33:53 am »

This too happened to me, and I tracked it down to one dress that i got from a site where everything else worked fine, so perhaps if you can sort files by date added and try weeding  it out it may help?
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 07:07:45 am »

It's not a CC problem or a sim problem, Everything in game works.  from the clothing to the mods i have.  But i will try that Pierre
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 03:01:32 pm »

are you completetly sure? I tried putting in some extracted clothing once, and when I got to a certain point in the bodyshop bar, the screen went black. I had to restart the computer. moved out the files, and it worked perfectly again.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 03:04:56 pm »

sound advice - if in doubt take out the CC and try it again. Also, if you're only taking out bodyshop CC use the clean installer to make sure you've caught everything

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 11:09:36 am »

Its a corrupted sim.  I just had time to sit down and have a faff about... I'm just hoping its not one of my extracted sims from my game now..

Edit... Its one of the extracted sims of mine... :s... So all fixed now
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:14:50 pm by Why_Lie » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: