Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:52:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Exclusive, custom Sims 2 music! (New Song 1/8/07)  (Read 20780 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2006, 10:23:05 pm »

This is a remix of the CAS music from the DS platform, and I have to say, I actually impress myself; it sounds a lot like those other remixes that came with the Nightlife EP. The length is 3:53, and it should fit nicely in your "Sims 2\Music\cas" folder, and if you like it enough, in another folder as well. I'm hoping this song will be more successful than my other one, so I'd really appreciate your patronage. Thank you, and enjoy! Smiley

Update: I've just uploaded a brand, spankin' new song for CAS! It's a remix of "Makeover". (3:35) Though it might remind you of Lemon Jelly's remix of "Makeover" in the first half, the other half will get better.

New Song 1/8/07: Yes, I know I haven't made any new songs for a long while, I guess I've just been slacking greatly. Anyways, I made an edit of one of my favorite rap songs from The Sims 1 a long time ago, and I forgot to post it.  It's not much, but it should bring you back to the good ol' days of TS1. Just put it in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Music\hiphop folder and it should fit there nicely. Smiley

* Triple S - CAS Music from DS.zip (3559.57 KB - downloaded 821 times.)
* Triple S - Makeover.zip (3366.28 KB - downloaded 697 times.)
* Sims1_RapMusic1 (Triple sSs Edit).zip (3291.59 KB - downloaded 515 times.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 06:09:43 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:25:27 pm »

Thanks for sharing this!

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 04:49:14 pm »

Just to say ahead of time, I've been thinking of uploading the music from The Sims 1 to use in The Sims 2. Now if I could, I would be doing so right now, but, alas, I still have dial-up. :cry: But we're going to get high-speed as soon as it's available in our area. So until then, I'll start packaging them up to get ready to upload.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 06:23:53 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:56:30 pm »

I believe someone over at MTS2 already did that some time ago.  You might want to check over there before going to all that effort.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 12:14:58 am »

Quote from: jase439
I believe someone over at MTS2 already did that some time ago.  You might want to check over there before going to all that effort.

Umm, I'm having trouble finding it. Could you post the link, please?
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 12:27:08 am »

I'm not finding it either.  There may have been copyright violation issues with this project and the file may have been pulled.  I would inquire with the forum moderator at MTS2 about this before you invest too much time in this project.  I think the issue of copyright is something we ourselves might have to clear with Maxis before we could allow you to post this mod here.  I'm not saying there would be a problem - I just don't know - but I'm saying there *might* be one.

Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 12:39:26 am »

:pale: Well, then again, most of us already own The Sims 1, (I assume) and I don't want to take any chances with the copyright laws.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 12:45:04 am »

Ok to cover our own skin here I have removed the original file and left the remix.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 10:07:16 am »

Quote from: kathy
Ok to cover our own skin here I have removed the original file and left the remix.

I guess I'm okay with that. But what do you mean by "to cover our own skin?"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 06:53:59 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 11:01:21 am »

It means neither the administrators or moderators of this site want to be hit with a copyright infringement lawsuit Smiley

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 12:27:05 pm »

SkyGuy the US Code (as revised 2005) has left us with few options in the area of posting audio files that have not undergone "significant change" by remixing or sampling.  Whereas the courts generally find in favour of remix artists, they hardly ever find in favour of persons hosting or sharing "unaltered" audio files.

A close reading of the 2005 revisions leaves one in a dire state of peril as such copyright infringement may constitute an act of treason or terrorism under the strictest interpretation of the law... and in light of the recent appointments to the US Supreme Court, it is hardly likely that a liberal interpretation of the US Code will be forthcoming for many years.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 06:36:27 pm »

So you're saying that I can't post any "originals" or else I'll get in big trouble? :smt107 Well, I'm definitely not doing that again.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 01:30:06 am »

Quote from: SkyGuy15
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, and I know this really isn't a "mod" of any sort, but as long as it doesn't get moved for some reason, I should be okay. This is a remix of the CAS music from the DS platform, and I have to say, I actually impress myself; it sounds a lot like those other remixes that came with the Nightlife EP. The length is 3:53, and it should fit nicely in your "Sims 2\Music\cas" folder, and if you like it enough, in another folder as well. I'm hoping this song will be more successful than my other one, so I'd really appreciate your patronage. Thank you, and enjoy! Smiley

Update: I've now made the stereo sound more dynamic in the song since most of the song was mono, which makes it sound twice as much better than it did before, so I strongly insist redownloading if you have before.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:42:21 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 12:03:15 am »

Quote from: SkyGuy15
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, and I know this really isn't a "mod" of any sort, but as long as it doesn't get moved for some reason, I should be okay. This is a remix of the CAS music from the DS platform, and I have to say, I actually impress myself; it sounds a lot like those other remixes that came with the Nightlife EP. The length is 3:53, and it should fit nicely in your "Sims 2\Music\cas" folder, and if you like it enough, in another folder as well. I'm hoping this song will be more successful than my other one, so I'd really appreciate your patronage. Thank you, and enjoy! Smiley

Ok I got a chance to Hear this and I must say I was also impressed with you Wink Great Jod Kido!!!! Keep it Up I think any one Who does NOT Down load this missing out on some funky Beats for their game :daisy:

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
kere

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 07:07:20 pm »

I agree with Nova - this is cool! Thanks SkyGuy Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: