Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:03:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Exchange Question  (Read 3856 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Daniellegastin

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:55:54 pm »

Hi! I have heard a lot of people on other forums say the S2 Exchange is not a good place go put stuff up and that the people who use it are not well liked. Why is it that no one likes that place?  

Danielle
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:00:06 pm »

Pretty much summed up in this thread here.  It's hard to tell from the title.  Wink

The exchange is just a place that's full of "suck" and "fail" because of how it's handled.  Ask me how many times I've seen the exact same sim uploaded by multiple people, and I'll tell you more than can be counted on your fingers and toes.  :lol:

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 04:24:52 pm »

Danielle, take a look at our teen forum. How the teens conduct themselves. How they articulate themselves. Then go over to the forums on EA and see. You'll have answered your own question. It's not just the teens either on the forums at EA, it's a lot of adults conducting themselves like children. As Tenshii said, it's other things as well. They'll steal from each other, from around the net. You can see it in early posts, then claim give me benes; all made by me. It's not everyone there, the problem is it's in the majority of those posting there. I have no idea what the Maxoids are doing. I think they pick and choose those from who posts the most I love EA/EA can do no wrong threads. Which is the furthest thing from reality for any company, all have problems that need to be addressed. Worked on. Or they'll go to opposite extremes, anything and everything is wrong. They'll leave all their CC in downloads including hacks then complain something that isn't wrong in the game is wrong. I personally think this is the biggest hurdle in getting EA to listen to valid problems. They make it so hard to actually shift through where the real problems are, and the user errors are. Blah, blah, etc...etc.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 06:10:56 pm »

One time, I downloaded a house from there. I installed it, and when I went in game and clicked on it, it still had a Sim in there. She was writing in her diary.
She was in the Criminal Career track. I think her last name was, Wong.

I've seen the same exact sim on multiple pages. And that is no joke.

Needless to say, I bulldozed the house and deleted it. I wasn't about to take any chances.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 08:28:33 pm »

Not all the stuff on the Exchange is bad. I actually found one item that wasn't ANYWHERE on any Sims site, but that people had requested an awful lot in WCIF threads. It was not very fancy and not very fine-tuned, but it DID exist.

Problem is, the quality control there is much,much less stringent than here or MTS2 or the Wicked Sims family sites or on many of the fine Sims sites out there. And too many creators seen their stuff on downloads credited to the uploader. The stuff isn't all bad, but boy do you have to sort through it to find the good things. And for the most part, I haven't found it to be rewarding.

The Exchange DOES have some good, easy-to-understand tutorials, though, so it isn't all bad. But the CC ... very iffy.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 04:49:07 am »

I agree Gazania, it's not all bad and like you said they have some nice stories, tutorials, even houses. The problem as I said or at least I think I said to tired to scroll back up. lol It's the majority that overshadow the few good people that do go there, and try to do the right things, etc. No one's really monitoring or controlling anything, as long as your not flaming or cussing at someone. Or of course posting links to Insim that's a big no no.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 09:53:25 pm »

Everything I have gotten from there has crashed my game, so I don't go there anymore.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 07:30:55 am »

^^ That's another thing I forgot to mention... the lots you get from there.  You never truly know what you're getting with them, whether it be an unwanted sim, duplicate custom content, or unwanted/outdated/incompatible hacks that will almost destroy your game(...ing experience)[size].  I learned right after I downloaded a lot from there the very first time NOT to do it again... I got a whole family of 8 with a bunch of hacks that crashed my game each time.  Luckily I had Sims2Pack Clean Installer at the time and finally learned how to use it to find those hacks and get rid of them.  Those exchange lots will never see the light of day on my hard drive ever again.  :angry7:

But admittedly, gazania did point out there are a few diamonds in the rough... they're just so deep under crud it's not funny.  And sadly in my experience of trying to navigate and find them, the negatives outweigh the positives each time.  :?

Young&Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 04:01:55 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1246308
Danielle, take a look at our teen forum. How the teens conduct themselves. How they articulate themselves. Then go over to the forums on EA and see. You'll have answered your own question. It's not just the teens either on the forums at EA, it's a lot of adults conducting themselves like children. As Tenshii said, it's other things as well. They'll steal from each other, from around the net. You can see it in early posts, then claim give me benes; all made by me. It's not everyone there, the problem is it's in the majority of those posting there. I have no idea what the Maxoids are doing. I think they pick and choose those from who posts the most I love EA/EA can do no wrong threads. Which is the furthest thing from reality for any company, all have problems that need to be addressed. Worked on. Or they'll go to opposite extremes, anything and everything is wrong. They'll leave all their CC in downloads including hacks then complain something that isn't wrong in the game is wrong. I personally think this is the biggest hurdle in getting EA to listen to valid problems. They make it so hard to actually shift through where the real problems are, and the user errors are. Blah, blah, etc...etc.

ITA.

Something was up with my Sims 2 game for up to 3 months!!! I called EA tech support 5 times, and they did nothing but take me through the same old steps each time. Then one lady proceeded to tell me that it was Vista, and then told me that The Sims 2 wasn't compatible with laptops. She couldn't figure out the problem so she made up lies. So I was led to ModtheSims2 tech page by someone who doesn't work at EA, bam, the problem was solved, it was a hack in the game, that or because I updated my intel graphics chip. I am unsure because I was doing both around the same time, but the problem was fixed and EA didn't do it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:04:17 pm by Young&Exclusive » Logged
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 05:01:33 pm »

Quote from: Young&Exclusive;1249993
ITA.

Something was up with my Sims 2 game for up to 3 months!!! I called EA tech support 5 times, and they did nothing but take me through the same old steps each time. Then one lady proceeded to tell me that it was Vista, and then told me that The Sims 2 wasn't compatible with laptops. She couldn't figure out the problem so she made up lies. So I was led to ModtheSims2 tech page by someone who doesn't work at EA, bam, the problem was solved, it was a hack in the game, that or because I updated my intel graphics chip. I am unsure because I was doing both around the same time, but the problem was fixed and EA didn't do it.

When I call EA or even HP, I don't even bother with their ground tech support staff. It's getting to that point now with Verizon. It's like dealing with AOL customer service. Read off the screen. I ask to speak to senior tech support or a manager. I told one manager, look I am not a blithering idiot. I know when I have a problem. I don't have the patience or the time to sit on the phone with them. Waiting, as they type in my problem, then give me a list of things to try from their search results. I've tried them all already. You can't help but have tried them all already after you've called for the 50th time, because it's always the same things over and over. After all else fails, which 99.9 % it does, because you've already seen it on their help pages. Then they finally transfer you to senior tech support. I say if you've been there done that bypass the middle man. Wink

-Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: