Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:19:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Little Dark House That Couldn't (show CC)  (Read 2234 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2008, 01:34:20 pm »

I emailed the creator of this house (which I adore) and am crossing my fingers that it's something simple. Here's the scoop:

The unfurnished lot states that it's in two parts. There's only ONE link to download. I downloaded the house and looked through the Read Me file. All the CC *seems* to be there. Ooookay, so I installed the lot with Clean Installer and went to play. When I added the lot I got blue flashing on the side and in the house. It stopped once I entered the lot. But the custom content isn't there! Here's the weird part. I've tried to place the lot a couple of times and each time some CC may show up. I am hoping this is an easy fix. I suck at creating (or recreating) anything. I've tried using the Sims2 installer also.

EP: Sims2 (duh), NL, Pets, Uni, OFB, BV
SP: Glamour, H&M

Here are some screenshots:

Before entering lot:
http://www.j00wish.com/sims/help/flashingblue1.bmp

After entering lot:
http://www.j00wish.com/sims/help/missing1.bmp

Here is the link to the original house:
http://www.loverat.net/sims2littledark.htm

More info: After installing the lot I have moved the CC into a specific folder for the house. It downloaded into the Main Downloads folder. I'm not sure if this matters or not.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 02:37:28 pm »

sure the meshes followed, and that all the downloads followed correctly? this sort of happened to me once, too. I had a lot of CC clutter spread around in a house, but cleaned a bit in the downloads folder. when I got onto the lot again, maxis sculptures were in the place of the CC instead. I think it corrected once I put the CC in again, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 03:08:15 pm »

yep, you've definitely got some missing content there, I had that happen after I cleared out a load of downloads but still had the original lot in my lot catalogue

Soon as you exit the lot and save the blue flashing will stop, but you'll be left with sucky maxis statues everywhere.

You need to go on a mesh/CC hunt!

edit: scratch the mesh hunting, the file names were borked

Depending on how you installed it, you'll have all the CC files labelled as .package.Sim2Tmp or .package.package files - you need to rename them so that they are just .package files, it'll all show up then
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:59:13 pm by ~Ali~ » Logged

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:32:23 pm »

GAH! All the CC is there, but it won't let me move it until sub folders. Sad Anyone have a fix/suggestion besides redoing the whole place?

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:54:51 am »

if the files are not moveable, they are usually buggy. I've had a couple of files like that myself. I'm not completely sure how to delete them, though. I got them away somehow, so just keep trying to move them.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 03:09:27 pm »

If the trees are cc and made from pre-seasons meshes, then they'll flash blue like the trees on your lot. As for your other problems, did you try properly renaming the files as Ali suggested?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 07:43:42 pm »

Hey CJ! I think Ali had files renamed like that by choosing where to save the files. CleanInstaller adds that extension if you don't just save to where it tells you. At least it does in mine. All my files were properly named and the files all showed if I didn't move them out of the main Downloads folder into a subfolder. I was hoping there would be a way to make it find the files, like the other houses did without so much as a fuss.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 11:07:21 pm »

I just downloaded and installed the lot.  Everything looks fine in my game.  I wasn't sure if it would work because loverat said Uni, NL, and OFB are needed and I don't have Uni, but apparently no Uni items were used.  The lot will require OFB, and perhaps some NL items were used to create the game objects, but, you have Uni, NL, and OFB so it should not be a problem.

I've got BV, Seasons, and FT installed also (no Uni or Pets) but EPs beyond OFB won't matter because when you place the lot, it's converted to the format of the most recent EP you have, in your case BV.

From the neighborhood screen, the tree and cemetery in the back corner display in that yucky blue, just like in your picture.  But entering the lot, everything is intact.

I do have my graphic options set for High Sim/Object detail and High Texture Detail.  Object hiding is set off.  I then changed the options to Low for Sim/Object and Texture detail, and turned Object Hiding on.  Whether detail was set high or low and object hiding turned on or off, everything appeared as it should.

The only things I can suggest are trying different graphic options to see if it makes a difference on your computer, and keep trying.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: