Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 01:22:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Henna'd "Compulsion"  (Read 7796 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizi

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:12:51 pm »

Hi! I'm really happy with the way these turned out so I hope you like them too.

To begin, let me say that I didn't actually create any of this myself.

From the first time I saw them on Garden of Shadows, Pooklet's 'Compulsion' skins have been my favorite EVER. I simply adore them. She was kind enough to allow me to use them for this project and encouraged me to do it when I first broached the subject. The original skintones can be found here.

The tattoos came from another skintone by Weetzie here on insimenator.net and is located here and here. They're on Enayla's skins and, though I like her skins, I don't really care for them for everyday sims (more for vampires and zombies and such like that). So I extracted the tattoos from the skins and Weetzie kindly gave me permission to use them.

My own contribution came from taking these two elements and putting them together. I took the tattoos for the hands on the second version and converted them to the feet. Then I sort of combined them all together.

There is a small flaw on the design running along the outside and inside of the left foot which I fixed later for the darker skintones. However its only really visible on the medium and it is feet so will generally be covered up with shoes. I don't think it really shows up unless you're looking extremely close-up at the feet. And then probably only if you're looking for it, but I noticed. The flaw, btw, is all mine and Weetzie had nothing to do with it.

There are three sets of all six 'Compulsion' skintones in different mixes of the tattoos. The two darker skins have slightly different colors for the tattoos as the original reddish color didn't look quite right on them. Male and female have the same tattoos because I'm equal opportunity. (Okay, that's not really true. I thought they were a little too girly for males but Pooklet thought they would be fine and it wasn't any real extra work to put it on both male and female, so I did.)

AgingSkins- henna tattoos that progress as the sim ages. Teens start with hands and feet only. Adults add belly and back tattoos. Elders have additional on the left leg.

All tats- henna tattoos on hands, feet, belly, back, and leg for teen-elder

Hands and Feet- henna tattoos on the hands and feet only for teen-elder  

I forgot to take an example picture, but the foot tattoos don't show up very well with the "Sexy-Feet" meshes. However, it does show up with most flat sandals. What I mean is the ones that don't actually cover the foot should show the tattoos still. I did look at them with some custom high-heel meshes where the foot showed and they did appear fine, if a little stretched depending on the mesh.

Thanks again to both Pooklet and Weetzie for allowing me to use their work for this. I'm not talented enough to have come up with anything nearly this good myself.
~dizi

* GOS Henna1.jpg (40.87 KB, 600x450 - viewed 49558 times.)

* GOS Henna2.jpg (69.43 KB, 600x450 - viewed 3810 times.)

* GOS Henna3.jpg (56.07 KB, 600x450 - viewed 3743 times.)

* GOS Henna4.jpg (96.18 KB, 600x450 - viewed 3729 times.)

* GOS Henna5.jpg (87.06 KB, 600x450 - viewed 3706 times.)
* AgingSkins.zip (7680.4 KB - downloaded 486 times.)
* All tats.zip (4150.94 KB - downloaded 409 times.)
* Hands and Feet.zip (4125.67 KB - downloaded 410 times.)

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:24:02 pm »

These are great.
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 07:59:58 am »

Great job Dizi!

I have always hated the darkness.
The darkness within the human soul.
Within my soul.
I have always hated a part of myself.
~Raven
spiderviveka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 02:47:48 am »

This is so great! I've been wanting henna for males for a while now! Great job!

Maggots are just flies in sleeping bags.
TanyaBuff
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 09:14:30 am »

So very beautiful, and very realistic looking designs. Thank you so very much.
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 12:00:18 pm »

lovely! I'll make myself some Indian brides! Cheesy

I blog here. Sort of. Visit me and say hi.
:chainsaw:
Want me? Go get me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: