Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:28:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dizi's Sunshine  (Read 8177 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizi

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:17:17 pm »

Hi, all! Isn't she pretty? Doesn't she look so sweet? That's because she is!

Let me introduce you to Marian Jessup, aka Sunshine. She is from my stories on fanfiction.net (just follow the link in my signature if you're interested). Sunshine, in fact, made her way into three of them, with major secondary roles (kinda) in two.

This is a character created to show the other side of mutant life from the comic books. Sunshine is a mutant, true. However, she has NO POWERS. None. The only thing different about her than a "normal" human is that she is, obviously, yellow. In comic books we always see characters who have some kind of power, something that makes them more rather than simply other. They discuss the 'fact' that there are mutants who aren't very strong or have limited abilities. They discuss physical mutations but show them usually accompanied by some kind of ability or benefit (example: Rockslide, physical mutation but also has properties of ROCK). They discuss a lot of things which we never see, such as the "everyday" mutant.

Well, Sunshine is exactly that. She is basically like any minority, having a different color of skin. How would a mutant like that live in Marvel's universes? Can you imagine her difficulty in finding a job? How she might feel after being rejected by friends and family because her skin color changed overnight? If she lived in the middle of the US, how would she be able to even make her way to a sanctuary like Xavier's? Heck, a government program wouldn't want her except to possibly dissect her. The plight of mutants of this nature are what I would like to see in perhaps a side book to the X-Men. It will never happen though so I write fanfiction about them.

In my stories, Sunshine was lucky enough that her family wanted her away from them and paid to send her to Xavier's School for the Gifted. Barely. She was welcomed there whole-heartedly by X-Men and staff. Students were another thing in that she was often picked on for her lack of powers. Kids being kids and all. At one point she studied under Storm, developing an unhealthy affinity for plants. With financing from a trust set up by Worthington Industries, she eventually left the school to become a florist. Where she hides in the back with her plants and leaves employees to deal with customers who are unaware the store is actually owned and operated by a mutant.

You are welcome to do what you like with Sunshine. I just thought you might like to know about her character as intended by the original author. As I did use her also (again as a secondary character) in a contest held by SynapticSim and Dracine, you can see more about Sunshine here and here.

Don't feel bad for her (even though she does die in one of my stories). In another she will be wooed and won over by a very determined young man who has crushed over her for half his life. Whether she likes it or not, he will ensure her happiness. Eventually.

Now for the sim.

Clothes-recolor by dizi (me!) of SynapticSim's 'Who Wants to be a Superhero?' costume, original here. It is on Syn's Adult Female Heels Mesh (Thanks, Syn!). Both Included
Skintone- by Genesims here. Included
Eyes- recolor by dizi (me!) of Sussi's 'Angel Eyes'. The originals were a little too red in my opinion and made sims look like they had redeye so I just took the red out. Then recolored for the yellow/gold color. Originals located here on MTS. Included
Hair-by DreDo at MTS here and mesh by XM Sims here at the bottom of the page. Both NOT Included (because I made changes, such as colorbinning it and removing unused ages, don't feel right distributing it after making changes)
Eyebrows- are actually Maxis base game (I know, surprised me too!)
No blush (c'mon! can you think of any that would look decent with YELLOW skin?)
Eyeshadow-also by Sussi, can be found here. Included
Eyeliner- again by Sussi, located here. Included
Lipstick- by Helaene, not on her site anymore but might be at the graveyard or something. Included

There is an adult and teen version available for download. They are exactly the same except the clothing for the teen version is on Syn's Teen Female Heels Mesh (Thanks, Syn!) Included

And that's what you get in both/either adult or teen.

Hope you like my Sunshine!
~dizi

* Sunshine1.jpg (63.75 KB, 600x450 - viewed 13394 times.)

* Sunshine3.jpg (62.66 KB, 600x450 - viewed 959 times.)
* SunshineAF.zip (4871.38 KB - downloaded 335 times.)
* SunshineTF.zip (4867.2 KB - downloaded 333 times.)

* Sunshine2.jpg (61.69 KB, 600x450 - viewed 815 times.)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:31:36 pm by Dizi » Logged

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 08:28:22 pm »

What a fantastic job!

*hurrys and downloads*

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 08:30:39 pm »

Go Dizi!!! I really like her, she looks really beautiful. Though it seems i can't download the Mesh from Xm, thogh I can get the recolors. Any idea why? Anyway, very, very good job

I have always hated the darkness.
The darkness within the human soul.
Within my soul.
I have always hated a part of myself.
~Raven
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 08:44:13 pm »

Did you try the one on the bottom, Number 06?

The Sims 3.........NO!
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 08:47:48 pm »

Oh, stupid me, I didn't see that. I got it now. Thanks Ekozski.

Within my soul.
~Raven
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 09:15:27 pm »

Wow, thanks ya'll! All my characters are special to my heart, but Sunshine... She's something else. And I felt bad about killing her off in one story. So I used her in another to make up for it. And I needed an extra for another story... there was Sunshine just waiting around to be used, so I did. She wasn't supposed to end up in so many, but there ya go!
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 09:20:12 pm »

Great job Dizi!  She looks fantastic, and I like what you've done with that costume.

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 07:43:19 am »

Dizi, I have ideas fluttering around in my head like butterflies and really want to use her. Can I or is she off limits? Either way, i'm fine with it, after all, she is yours.

Within my soul.
~Raven
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 08:18:47 am »

Near the end of his description, he say you can do what you like with her.

The Sims 3.........NO!
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 08:39:44 am »

Ya, but it is her OC......
I just want confirmation from Dizi 1st.

Within my soul.
~Raven
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 09:24:58 am »

You mean for a story or something? Sure whatever you want. Now if were a written story such as for ffn or some other fanfiction site, we'd have to discuss it further. But anything you want to do Sims2-wise is fine, even in story form.
~dizi

Simz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:00:26 am »

Thanks Dizi, i think i want do a TS2 story and than I might try ffn, but that won't be for awhile.

Within my soul.
~Raven
dracine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 03:57:09 pm »

Dizi she looks fantastic! I love the colors for her.
Gaymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 05:16:56 pm »

Read the old District X, they dealt with the downside of being a mutant, including mutants who just had powers where they looked different or had worthless extra body parts.
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 09:50:53 pm »

Hadn't gotten around to that one. I'll start it next. Thanks, Gaymuffin!
~dizi

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: