Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 11:03:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dizi's Joy  (Read 9487 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizi

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2008, 12:40:43 am »

Hi, all! Once again I have a character from one of my fanfiction stories. Today we have the daughter of Wolveine and Jubilee. (Yes, I am a W&J shipper, deal with it.) One Joyous Lee-Logan (Get it? "Joyously" Logan, hehehe).

In the story, she is the oldest of four daughters being raised by Wolverine as a single father. Jubilee died of cancer shortly after the youngest was born so Joy is the only one of them to really remember her. She misses Jubilee and having a mother. Because of this she... acted out. To the point that Logan threatened to send her away to Xavier's, though he didn't really mean it, without realizing that was precisely what she wanted. Whenever the girls visited the school, Jean and Scott (who at that time is running the school) fawned over them because they only have boys and both wanted at least one daughter. So Joy wanted to go to the school to be closer to Jean, a good mother figure. (It should be said that Scott and Jean's sons, Rob and Kenny, both have HUGE crushes on Joy.)

Of course, Joy couldn't simply tell Logan that she wanted to go to the school, that would be far too unrealistic for a teenager to speak reasonably to their parent. Oh no, she had to get herself suspended numerous times and expelled three times before asking Jean to speak to him about letting her go to the school. Nobody associated--or especially related--to Wolverine can do something the easy way.
Just to add a twist, remember this is WOLVERINE raising four daughters on his OWN. His girls were not going to be pieces of fluff or victims by anyone's standard, certainly not HIS. So after Jubilee died, he began raising them the only he knew how: he started training them. Logan wound up with the best trained cute little girls there ever was. They also became a little... bloodthirsty. Quick to defend anyone they percieve as 'weak', outgoing, and able to break bones without trying hard is not always a good combination. None of them are to be picked on without serious damage being done. He takes pride in that as well as despairs because of it. We're talking about children afterall, they don't always know where to draw the line. He has not succeeded in teaching them moderation, though their strategy is coming along.

Now, picture all of this in a surly rebellious teenage girl package. A girl with Wolverine's healing-factor, his enhanced senses, his bone claws (stubby and still growing), and better training than most S.H.I.E.L.D. agents get. That was what Logan had to deal with in Joy as a teenager. Not fun.

Since this is the grown-up version I've got here, just take all that to the next level. Beautiful with a bad attitude. Don't tick her off. Joy is tempermental and quick to use her early training. A dangerous woman to deal with. A woman fully able and willing to defend those she cares about to the extreme.

If you would like to read the introduction to MY X-Men universe of this version of the Logan family (I think of the first part of this chaper as "The Trials and Tribulations of Wolverine as a Single Father"), you can do so here. Joy was also used as a main character in SynapticSim and Dracine's "Children of the X-Men" contest, so you can read about her here and here.

I suppose you didn't have to know so much about Joy and her sisters. But it's kinda fun to learn about them, huh? I didn't really have anything in mind when making her or them except to give Woverine a hard time. Seriously, he deserves it. Joy's role just grew. I have plans for her, though in the story she's still a teenager.

As for the sim...

Skin- Pooklet's "Compulsion" at Garden of Shadows. Included.
Hair- Pigtail Prep by Liegenschonheit at Digital Perversion. Included.
Brows- by Helaene, possibly in the graveyard as no longer on her site, the August brows. Included
Blush- none (didn't find it necessary)
Eyeshadow- none (ditto)
Eyeliner- Helaene's 'june-lashes-black', see above. Included.
Lipstick- Bruno, part of the "Chiqui, a Latina Beauty" package. Included

Clothing, now, that's something else. Joy got a whole set of clothes because I couldn't decide which I wanted to use for her. I first recolored Monet's costume from here, making it a darker red. Then I did the same with one of these (not sure which). Added parts from both to make several different uniforms. They all use Marvine & Beosboxboy's mesh which is included thanks to their wonderful policy (thank you very much!). There are four different clothes for her, all in a separate download but one with the sim (I couldn't remember which was which). BTW, used this mesh deliberately due to the more platform style shoes as Joy is a little short in the story and would need the height (she IS the daughter of Wolverine and Jubilee, they are both height challenged).

(The hair in the pictures above is from Seasons.)

This is what you get. Currently, I don't have a teen version but if people want me to make one, I will.

Have fun with Joy, do what you like with her. Just please don't re-upload her without giving me and all the other creator's whose work went into this credit.
~dizi

* Joy1.jpg (60.99 KB, 600x450 - viewed 78987 times.)

* Joy2.jpg (66.89 KB, 600x450 - viewed 2180 times.)

* Joy3.jpg (64.83 KB, 600x450 - viewed 2189 times.)

* Joy4.jpg (56 KB, 600x450 - viewed 2128 times.)
* Joy.zip (1819.37 KB - downloaded 758 times.)
* Joy Clothes.zip (586.5 KB - downloaded 658 times.)

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:50:11 am »

Yay Dizi! Joy looks awesome! I really like her outfits!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 05:55:57 am by Simz » Logged

I have always hated the darkness.
The darkness within the human soul.
Within my soul.
I have always hated a part of myself.
~Raven
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:07:53 am »

Fantastic costuming Dizi!  I love the one in the bottom right corner.  You did a great job on these!  And I love her character, so sad about Jubes.

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:28:59 am »

Dizi could bring her back.... she is SO mean. JK Dizi, you rock.

Within my soul.
~Raven
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 07:34:17 am »

Yeah, you don't come back from cancer. Could do a clone thing but that would be pushing it after the Cyclops clone...

No, she died for a reason. But its only in one story and I have a disclaimer.
~dizi

EDIT: btw, the background? That's my "Wolverine's Cabin in the Woods", you know, his place up north. Figured it would be like a second home for the girls. It's the same lot I used for the Bonus round. Just thought I'd mention it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 07:43:35 am by Dizi » Logged

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Simz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 06:36:50 pm »

I really like the cottage, good job Dizi, and if you wanted, Jean could become phoenix again and bring Jubes back......

Cause we all know I think Jean's uber-awesome!:)

Within my soul.
~Raven
colorvibe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 04:16:20 am »

I love her Smiley
I had to download her, because I LOVE zee boots.
Great job! x

[SIZE=30]TWILIGHT (:[/SIZE]
WayAce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 04:33:13 pm »

Thank you so much for sharing look relay good Grin
DutchXfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 06:00:11 am »

Wow, I love her name! Her background story is really good, too. Poor Jubes, though. I love her as a character. Too bad the girls had to miss her during their childhood.

New bodybuilder meshes available @ Synapticsim's Lair!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: