Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:29:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with my Sims  (Read 963 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SouthernBelle82

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2008, 12:16:14 pm »

Okay so I installed yesterday some new Sims but they don't appear to be in the game.  Does anyone know why and/or how to fix it?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 03:26:06 pm »

first: they will only show up in Create-A-Sim (CAS) and Bodyshop until you use them to make a new sim, or use them as they are.

second: the sims might look different from the ones you thought you downloaded. they are not always packed with the right hair/clothes (often only maxis clothing/hair)

third: did you enable custom content and restart the game?

fourth: did you install the sim? (use sims2 clean installer for this. the maxis installer is buggy at best.) open the package with clean installer, and click install. the files will put themselves in the downloads folder. I always put all those files in a subfolder inside the Downloads folder, and put in both the link for the site I found the sim, and a picture of the sim.

fifth: some sims needs an expansion/stuff pack to work. make sure you read everything throughly before downloading AND make sure you have the right meshes, since they're not always following the sim.

sixth: after all the talk about the Downloads folder, I should say that sims content only goes here if you have nightlife or a newer EP. with only basegame or UNI, you put the sim files in the SavedSims folder.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:32:48 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: