Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 05:34:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why is my game running really slow plus another 5 questions lol  (Read 1498 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PrincessTalli

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:47:23 pm »

i've got a few things i need help with so i might aswell put them all in one post. I have'nt played the sims for a couple of months because i downloaded something that crashed my game so everytime it was loading it just froze i found the folder that was causing it to crash but theirs hundreds of files in there and i cant b bothered to take them out 1 by 1 so first question is is there a way to find the file that was causing it to crash. So iv got it working but its running really slow once a family finally loads it takes ages to get into it like if i click them and try and scroll to another room its delayed and freezes for a few seconds so second question is what could be causing it to run so slow. third question i want to build a new house but when i place a blank lot or terrain you know the blank grids you build on it just freezes while its loading and i have 2 restart the computer does any1 know whats causing it?.

apreciate any help thanks x
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:52:12 pm »

Unless you know the name of the file or the date you added it, one by one is the only way to guarantee you find it and nothing else. You can use any of several programs such as Clean Pack Installer or Content manager to identify hacks and mods but, it may not be a hack or mod causing the problem.

Slowness is probably a specs issue. You need more RAM, a better graphics card and maybe need to update your drivers and free up some hard drive space as well. The other option to speed it up and cure the crashing all at once is simply remove your downloads folder and learn to play without CC.
Raven41858

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:36:14 pm »

You should take your DL folder out and see if this is causing the problem. IF it is run HCDU and see what is conflicting with your mods and remove them. You can find HCDU at Paladin's Place.http://www.simwardrobe.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: