Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 03:01:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating Sims in Bodyshop...  (Read 2479 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
nodgree

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2008, 06:31:10 pm »

I spent over 2 hours today working on a sim in bodyshop.  When I went into the sim bin to add her in my game, she would appear normal in the normal clothing but, as soon as I went to choose her formal, sleepware, etc, her entire head and hair would change.  I tried over and over to keep her hair and face the same but no luck.  Anyone have any ideas?
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 07:09:55 pm »

After you finished to create a sim in Body Shop, you have to close the window, and now you have to choose from the main menu (the window of "create a sim") the option: "package a sim", click on your newly created sim, and confirm the package. The packaged sim file will appear on your desktop.

Double-click on your desktop packaged file, and order "install". It will be installed as it is now, and you will find it's new appereance in CAS.
nodgree

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 07:17:00 pm »

Quote from: gali;1254863
After you finished to create a sim in Body Shop, you have to close the window, and now you have to choose from the main menu (the window of "create a sim") the option: "package a sim", click on your newly created sim, and confirm the package. The packaged sim file will appear on your desktop.

Double-click on your desktop packaged file, and order "install". It will be installed as it is now, and you will find it's new appereance in CAS.

Thats what I did.
I just dont understand why her appearance is changing......
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 07:20:52 pm »

do you have pictures of what's happening?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 08:10:01 pm »

I think I can help.  I have downloaded hairs and accessories, that can only be used as one hairstyle or one accessory. It usually in the custom hair bin, if I change the sims hair for gym clothes, (if he's male) and use this one custom hair that's a scarf and bald head, then all the hairstyles change to that one. So if I decide to use that style on a particular sim, I change the gym clothes hairstyle first then go to the other styles, cause it works that way. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Dracoamie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 06:10:24 am »

I've had trouble with different clothes changing the shading on their faces... I'm not sure if it's related but does this happen with any clothes you put on them or just particular files?

I came, I saw, I thought hmm...
nodgree

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 10:05:55 am »

Quote from: theraven;1254879
do you have pictures of what's happening?

Heres a couple photos iof what its doing.. The first is what she is supposed to look like... the next is what its changing to in all the other clothing catagories.  She only shows normal in the everyday clothing...  Sorry for the small photos.  I dont know how to make them a better resolution.

* snapshot_d5456dad_35456daf.jpg (13.34 KB, 400x300 - viewed 180 times.)

* snapshot_d5456dad_35456db6.jpg (13.15 KB, 400x300 - viewed 244 times.)
jeditechyrosemary

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 12:29:28 pm »

Nodgree is the actual face changing or just the hair and clothes?  If it is just the hair & clothes I can help!  What is happening is you have not set the hair for all the outfits to the same thing.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess you have Seasons, BV and/or  FT installed.  (If not this isn't going to fix it, but I have had this problem before I realized it was ep related confusion.)  Here's how to "fix" this:

1) When your in CAS go to the 3rd section down from the top (changing the eyes/hair/face/general tweaking area) and go to the hair section.  Look at the outfit selector in the upper left corner of the tab and go to the everyday outfit (if the selection for all is green and the outfits are grayed out, UNclick it, and  select the everyday outfit).   Now click on the hairstyle you want your sim to have all the time.  FINAL STEP -- click the top outfit selector (the all outfit/ one with the sideways figure 8 ).  This should gray out the other options and the hair should stay the same for all your outfits now.  

As to why the other outfits aren't what you thought they would be -- you do realize that when building in BS you can only save one outfit on a sim (be it formal, undies, swim wear, nightclothes, everyday, OR outerwear) and that you have to pick one to upload your sim in and then select the outfits for all the other occasions in CAS, right?  The other issue you may be having is CC that doesn't display properly in-game.  Then the game just picks the first (usually hideous) outfit it sees in line that is EA created.  

Hope this resolves the issue for you!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:32:14 pm by jeditechyrosemary » Logged

Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the universe together.  I am a Geek Goddess (98.0957% on geek forum test) 
Call me Rose.  :saber:
Naaarrf! Poit!  :notsmili:
nodgree

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 12:45:05 pm »

Quote from: jeditechyrosemary;1255628
Nodgree is the actual face changing or just the hair and clothes?  If it is just the hair & clothes I can help!  What is happening is you have not set the hair for all the outfits to the same thing.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess you have Seasons, BV and/or  FT installed.  (If not this isn't going to fix it, but I have had this problem before I realized it was ep related confusion.)  Here's how to "fix" this:

1) When your in CAS go to the 3rd section down from the top (changing the eyes/hair/face/general tweaking area) and go to the hair section.  Look at the outfit selector in the upper left corner of the tab and go to the everyday outfit (if the selection for all is green and the outfits are grayed out, UNclick it, and  select the everyday outfit).   Now click on the hairstyle you want your sim to have all the time.  FINAL STEP -- click the top outfit selector (the all outfit/ one with the sideways figure 8 ).  This should gray out the other options and the hair should stay the same for all your outfits now.  

As to why the other outfits aren't what you thought they would be -- you do realize that when building in BS you can only save one outfit on a sim (be it formal, undies, swim wear, nightclothes, everyday, OR outerwear) and that you have to pick one to upload your sim in and then select the outfits for all the other occasions in CAS, right?  The other issue you may be having is CC that doesn't display properly in-game.  Then the game just picks the first (usually hideous) outfit it sees in line that is EA created.  

Hope this resolves the issue for you!

You hit the nail on the head!
That was exactly what I needed.  Thanks a million!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: