Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:14:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble Installing The Game  (Read 1912 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ninja

:)

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2008, 02:24:22 am »

I smartly bought a version of The Sims 2 in a different language, and to get it to work you have to go through a special process that involves copying the contents of the 1st Sims 2 disk to the C drive. As I was doing this, an error message popped up saying:
Cannot copy compressed: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

I have installed this version of The Sims 2 onto my old computer with no problems.

I had the same problem when installing Makin' Magic. However, I didn't have the problem with Sims Deluxe or any of the other Sims 1 expansion packs, I think. I installed them all, but when I got to Makin' Magic, the message popped up and erased the base game and the other expansion packs. Then I just installed Sims 1 (with no expansion packs), and it works fine.

I installed another game on the comp, and when I loaded it up the computer crashed, but the message didn't pop up. This game that I installed worked fine on one of my old computers that was REALLY old and REALLY slow, so I have no idea why it didn't work on this comp and the sims 1 did, since I'm pretty sure that the game took up less space on the comp.

Anyone have any ideas?
I hope I didn't confuse anyone :S
I'm confused myself, lol.

My signature is waaaaay better than your signature!
Ninja

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 03:06:55 am »

Sorry to double post, but this has fallen to the second page.

Can anyone help, please?

phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:44:53 pm »

i've never heard of this..... but when i had a problem installing i just tried installing it on a different cd drive.... maybe? sorry

Ninja

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 05:48:22 am »

My computer only has the C drive (the d drive is for cds)...

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 06:04:24 am »

I had to install my games on two different DVD drives before it would install. And these were the CD version. This game can be touchy.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:05:13 am »

A quick Google of that error message indicates that the disc is corrupt. Cyclic Redundancy Check is a clue that the data is corrupt. Either from your CD/DVD Drive going bad, unable to read the Disc or a Bad Disc.
Ninja

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 08:01:08 am »

Argh, are you serious? I guess that means I have to buy another copy of The Sims 2... Oh well Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: