Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:11:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Dumb Custom Content Question.  (Read 1254 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nodgree

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2008, 09:10:19 am »

I want to go thru and delete all the clothing not showing up in my game.  I usually do this right in the create a family mode with the trash can.  I'm just afraid I'm going to delete a mesh that something else that IS working needs.  Does this make sense?
ImpishParody
Eighties Escapee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:09:56 am »

If that is something that worries you what you can is:
1) Start up your game and once one of your neighborhoods has loaded open your cheat console and enter "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" (without the quote marks).
2) Next start up the Create A Family. When you go to the clothing section you will notice that with this cheat enabled when you hover a clothing icon its package name appears. Note down the package names of the clothes that don't work.
3) Close your game and then go to your downloads folder. Remove (dont delete yet!) All the packages that you noted down. You should have removed all the clothes that don't work.
4) Restart your game and check to see if any other clothing has been affected. If it hasn't, it's safe to delete those files you moved Smiley If it has, you'll have to go through a trial and error process of putting one mesh at a time back into the game and seeing which mesh you were missing.

I hope that works for you Smiley
nodgree

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:36:21 am »

Quote from: ImpishParody;1255556
If that is something that worries you what you can is:
1) Start up your game and once one of your neighborhoods has loaded open your cheat console and enter "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" (without the quote marks).
2) Next start up the Create A Family. When you go to the clothing section you will notice that with this cheat enabled when you hover a clothing icon its package name appears. Note down the package names of the clothes that don't work.
3) Close your game and then go to your downloads folder. Remove (dont delete yet!) All the packages that you noted down. You should have removed all the clothes that don't work.
4) Restart your game and check to see if any other clothing has been affected. If it hasn't, it's safe to delete those files you moved Smiley If it has, you'll have to go through a trial and error process of putting one mesh at a time back into the game and seeing which mesh you were missing.

I hope that works for you Smiley

Thanks a ton!  I'll give that a try!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: