Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:15:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 2 combopatch for Mac (should be stickied?)  (Read 6218 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2008, 12:09:03 pm »

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/demos_updates/thesims2combopatch.html

About The Sims 2 Combo Patch
The Sims 2 sports not only a new 3D graphics engine but also the ability to track Sims’ lives from birth to death as they reach for their aspirations and experience a multitude of wants and fears. Not only can they now have children, but they also possess digital DNA that dictates how their offspring will look. Story mode allows you to take screenshots or even shoot video and tell your own tales about your characters.

What’s New in this Version
- This patch will fully update all The Sims 2 expansion packs to their latest version as of December 2007.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
mjd1991
hey
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

what does this mean? i almost all of the expansions for MAC os x. What new stuff is in it? and ow do i download I try to get new downloads but it goes to that disk verification thing. I used to be able to download things succesfully to my game but now i can't. can you help me at all with it?
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 06:49:46 pm »

The combo patch is just to patch bugs in your game.  They have all included into one now, instead of having to download and install several.

Its not a new pack therefore there is no new stuff.  The description above is misleading as it makes you think there is something more to the patch than what it really is. And if you notice the download actually takes you to macgamefiles.com

vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 10:58:36 pm »

Here is communication from Aspyr when I was having trouble with my game crashing. This is about the combopatch. Also to install in this order: Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Buisness, Pets, Glamour Life Stuff, Seasons.
Hope this will be helpful.
Hello, Vikki. Thank you for contacting us.

The issue you describe may be the result of a bad installation, a data error, a problem with a saved game file, or a conflict on your hard drive.

First, try repairing your disk permissions (if you have not done so already). To do this, open up your hard drive, open the Applications folder, go to Utilities, and launch 'Disk Utility'. Under 'First Aid', select your main hard drive volume (usually labeled 'Macintosh HD') and hit 'Repair Disk Permissions'. Once this is complete, reboot your Mac.

If this fails to solve the problem, I would suggest fully reinstalling the game, and making certain all related files are removed to ensure a clean reinstall. Trash the main game folder, located on your hard drive. Check several other locations for files relating the game, and remove them. These include:

Users/Shared/EA Games/The Sims 2/
Home/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/
Home/Library/Preferences/com.aspyr.thesims2.plist
Home/Library/Preferences/com.aspyr.thesims2bodyshop.plist
Home/Library/Preferences/com.aspyr.thesims2packageinstaller.plist

Note that 'Home' refers to your personal account folder, an icon that looks like a house and is labeled with your user name.

Once you are sure all of these files are removed and the Trash has been emptied, you may reinstall the game. I suggest placing it inside of the Applications folder on your Macintosh HD.

After reinstalling, run the Sims 2 at least once. Before installing any expansions, and then after every new expansion you add, apply the Sims 2 Combo Patch: http://support.aspyr.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=201&id=490

Finally, make sure you have downloaded all of your Apple Software Updates. Ordinarily, this occurs automatically (through a prompt you receive every so often), but it's important to check these often. Updates, including Quicktime updates (which can affect many games) are also available on Apple.com.

If after this, issues continue to occur, there may be something that you have on your system causing a specific conflict. At this point, I would suggest completely uninstalling the game again, and reinstalling once more, but this time, to a separate user account on your Mac. If you do not currently have one, you may create one through your System Preferences, under 'Accounts'. Make certain that the new account that you make has full permissions to administer the computer. Once it is created, reboot your Mac, log into this new account, and install the game there.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Have a great day!

Aspyr Technical Support
RBWpg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 07:37:33 pm »

Personally I think it's garbage. I downloaded it and when I tried to install it I got a message telling me there was nothing to install. This may have been a good thing!

Before installing take a look at some of the comments about it. http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18775
Some people are claiming it has created more problems than it has solved.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 07:43:45 pm by RBWpg » Logged
rosidbon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:06:42 pm »

I have tried to download this combo patch but it appears to be saying that it will take almost a day to download ! ! !  Can this possibly be true? Every time that I have tried to download it the session has timed out. Perhaps when you are getting the message that there is 'nothing to download' its because the same thing happened to you , or did you manage to keep it going for 23 hours?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: