Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:08:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Christine Reeves, Ex-detective in 'As Sift, Whatever!'  (Read 2673 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BelovedScarlet

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2008, 01:36:55 pm »

First off, I would like to say that this is my first Sims Story and I'm still trying to get the hang of thing so please be patient with me.

Christine Reeves, Ex-detective is a story about an ex-detective who owns her own diner. Now, years after she's retired from being a detective, she begins to solve cases again but this time of a more supernatural variety. It is also a series and if all goes according to plan there should be about six stories in the series.

Title: 'As Sift, Whatever!'
Genre: Supernatural
Author: BelovedScarlet
Rated: PG13 (I doubt that it is but just to be on the safe side.)

It was a fairly normal day for Christine Reeves. She woke up, in her crappy apartment that she was paying way more than she should, just as she did everyday. She stretched and turned off her alarm clock.

She jumped in the tub and took a nice long bubble bath. She relaxed into it, she had plenty of time. Finally, when she was all nice and done she hoped out and got dressed.

When she was done getting ready she walked into the kitchen, opened the refridgerator, and pulled out the mild and Fruity Pebbles. She took her time eating her ceral and even poured herself a second bowl. She wasn't worried, she had plenty of time.

Christine looked at the clock: 8:35. Oh crap, she was late! She grabbed her keys off the counter and headed out the door. It's a good thing she was her own boss or else she would have been fired. That was the third time that week!

--
Reeves' Diner
Bakersville, N. Carolina
Thursday, June 5th 9:00 A.M.

"Is that it for you, Officer? Christine asked Officer Dixon after pouring her a cup of espresso.

"No," She replied "I'm perfectly fine." Christine was moving on to her next customer the entrance swung open and a gust of wind blew into the diner.

With that gust of wind came a dark and broody figure. Christine knew that figure from anywhere. The tall man swaggered up to the counter and looked at her from the top of his sunglasses.

"Well, I see it but I don't believe it. Detective Christine Reeves working in a diner." He slowly shook his head.

"Owning the diner." She gritted her teeth as she corrected him.

"Look, believe it or not I didn't come here to fight. I came here to talk to you. It's important."

"I figured it was important as soon as you walked in. Seeing as we have not seen each other in eight years."

"Hey, if I remember correctly, it was you who said 'Bourne Garrison, if I ever see you again I'm going to hunter you down and make sure you can never have kids.' or am I wrong?" He replied. Christine didn't know which one was more amazing; the fact that Bourne finally had a sense of humor or the almost smile that threatened to spread across his face. She scribbled down her address on a napkin and handed it to him.

"If you really want to talk here is my address. Stop by later on tonight." Bourne nodded and took the napkin from her. As he walked out, she shook her head.

What was she thinking? This could only spell trouble.
--

Christine Reeves' home
Bakersville, N. Carolina
Thrusday, June 5th 5:00 P.M.

"Hello, I'm Mrs. Norwich, your new neighbor, I'm just going around saying 'hello' to everyone." The old lady said with a smile.

"Hey, I'm Christine Reeves' and I own Reeves' Diner. I've lived here for about eight years. It's nice to meet you."

"I'm so happy that someone is being nice to me. People in this neighborhood aren't exactly nice to newcomers, are they?"

"Well, this isn't exactly the best neighborhood in town." Christine gave a reasuring smile. "Would you like a cup of coffee?" She asked.

"I would love one, thank you." Mrs. Norwich smiled, again, as they went into Christine's house.
--

Christine Reeves' home
Bakersville, N. Carolina
Thursday, June 5th 8:00 P.M.

"Nice place you got here." Bourne said, sarcastically, as soon as he entered.

"Hey, I'm still unpacking boxes." Christine replied, defensively.

"For eight years?" Bourne asked with a laugh. Christine tossed him a beer and they sat at the table. Bourne sighed, becoming serious.

"Chris," Bourne stops to take a sip of his beer. "I'm really stuck on this case. I've looked at every angle and nothing is coming to me."

"Bourne, I'm really sorry about your case but I retired from that along time ago, you know that." Christine shifted uncomfortably in her chair.

"Please, Chris." He said, trying to not make it sound like he was begging. "I know that our past has been exactly ideal but you have to admit that we solved some pretty tough cases together." Christine thought for a moment taking a sip of her drink.

"Okay, I'll try my best...for old times sake." Bourne smiled and handed her several pictures.

Each one was worse than the last. Various people in various places with very few things in common. One of those things being the fact that each and everyone was sliced right down the middle. Gruesome pictures of people who had been sliced straight through. Bones and all.

"Hard to believe, right? They were cut so precisely and symmetrically that it would have made a geometry teacher proud." Christine handed the pictures back to him and stared unbelieving.

"What?" He asked. "An insanely deranged geometry teacher." He added jokingly. Christine laughed and shook her head.

"So you've looked at this from every angle?" She asked, becoming serious again.

"Well, every angle except one. The only thing all of these people have in common is that all of them either has been to a nightclub called Crypt O' Night or knows someone who has."

"And? Why is that so hard to believe? Maybe the killer picks his victims there."

"Crypt O' Night is said to a club for supernatural beings." Bourne prodded her on.

"Supernatural?"

"As in demons, warlocks, witches. All that juicy stuff. Ringing any bells?"

"But none of that stuff exists." Christine said, trying to resist the urge to laugh.

"I wouldn't be so sure. You've seen the pictures." Bourne said, seriously.

"You think some weird stuff is going on here?" Christine asked.

"I don't know exactly what but something is difinitely going on." He replied.

"Hold on a second." Christine stood up and began pacing back and forth.

"What are you-" Bourne began to say before Chrstine interupted him.

"Shh...I'm thinking." She paced for a minute before stopping. "Okay, go home and get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow night we'll go to Crypt O' Night and find out everything we can about the people who died. Got it?" Christine asked.

"I think I can manage. Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow?" He asked as he stood up to leave.

"Do you still drive your motorcycle?"

"Yeah."

"We'll take my car. It's been eight years but don't think I've forgotten how you drive." She ushered him to the door. Once he was outside he turned around.

"How do I drive?" He asked.

"That's the thing," She said with a smile. "you can't." Ending the conversation she closed the door in his face.
--
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 02:47:20 pm by BelovedScarlet » Logged

I'm really very sweet and sensitive... so be quiet and show some respect!angry9:
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 02:17:27 pm »

This is great!  Strong, believable dialogue, interesting characters and backstory, and a mystery, too.  The only suggestion I would make is to make your pictures larger so we can see them better.  I hope you have another chapter soon.  Smiley

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
BelovedScarlet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 02:52:10 pm »

Thanks alot I really appreciate your review and your suggestion. Sorry about the pictures I was having some problems but I fixed them.

I'm really very sweet and sensitive... so be quiet and show some respect!angry9:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: