Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:05:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BootCamp  (Read 4153 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vikvac49

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2008, 01:59:34 pm »

Have any mac users tried Bootcamp? And if so, does it work well? I am just sooooo discusted with Aspyr. I reinstall and put the patches in and play without problems for a few days or even a week and then go back to play and everything is messed up. Only shadows go on the lots when trying to put a house on. My families have disapeared from the game and the menu. It is just so frustrating to have a story and family going only to find them gone. I read somewhere that Aspyr had put a bug in the patch so we can no longer use CC, but don't know if this is true. If it is this is taking away our rights to play the game the way WE chose , not the way Aspyr tells us we can play. I WON'T play without my CC. It worked until I stupidly applied the Combo Patch and then all Hell broke loose. Then I reinstall without any patches, play for a while then the same problems occur. I am willing to try Bootcamp and use Xp on my mac just so I can actually play my game the way I want. I do have Sims 2 game and expansions up to BV for PC. I hope to get feedback from other mac users who are successfully using Bootcamp. Thank-you :smt120
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:26:13 pm »

Im using bootcamp. We aware that you have to get all the games for PC. The only thing bootcamp DOES, is to split the harddrive and help you install windows. When you want to go into windows, you turn of the mac and press the alt-button while pressing the startup-button, then choose to enter windows. Be aware that the first time you install windows, you must choose in bootcamp (bootcamp automaticly opens) that Mac is the standard HD.

You need Leopard to do this, and you should have at least 20 gig on the windows partition. Windows itself takes 5 gig, so then you have 15 gig left for all the EP's, SP's and CC.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:55:06 am »

Thanks Mi-Chii. I will give it a try.,kind of scary though.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 04:14:19 pm »

It really isn't, bootcamp does all the work. Just remember to read this:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Boot_Camp_Install-Setup.pdf

print it out, so that you can see what you have to do when windows is installing.

You will need a copy of windows XP or Vista (i recommend XP) and the leopard install disk.

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:00:11 pm »

Thanks, I have both XP and Leopard. Here goes I am excited to finally get to play without glitches. : )
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 04:28:08 am »

Good luck! And if anything goes wrong, it's just to delete the partition again, I've done this twice because I didn't make the windows partition big enough the first time ^^

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
~Dave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 02:59:13 pm »

I use BootCamp too for play sims on my Mac and I must to say that run better the windows version

Visit my site: http://www.simguys.net
eccentricgnat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 04:16:03 am »

Hi,

I play the sims on an imac with leopard. I gave up on the combo patch.  Make sure you have the cc button in sims activated.  I didn't loose my cc...The patch just slowed the game down to a point that it was unplayable.

Now my son games on a windows computer.  Because of this I am aware of some of the problems playing sims on windows can produce.  Number one is the securom problem.  It can really screw up a windows computer. It makes it so you can no longer burn cds and dvds. It makes some dvd players stop working.  So....just do a google check to see if any folks running sims on mac...via windows...has had the securom affect the cd or dvd burner in mac mode.  That would be one thing to check out.  So far the mac doesn't have the securom on the sims as far as I can tell.  Just be aware of the problems, and read up and plan on steps to check it out.  If it does work that will be great...I have been thinking along the same lines as you.  But know that windows sims isn't problem free either.  Just read up and have fun.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 06:26:29 pm »

...tht's what we have torrents for...

No securom on my mac!

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: