Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 11:50:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This subplot might be a cliche  (Read 2956 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SIMposiast

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:27:38 pm »

I have this plotline where I have a middle-aged female sim who is a Mad Scientist in the science career. She's a knowledge sim with a good number of nice points. However, she's very dedicated to her scientific research which focuses on the cloning of sims.

She has an assistant whom she took in maybe ten years before. This assistant is a woman who has a boyfriend.

The scientist recently took in a troubled young man because she was sympathetic to his plight. She thought he could be useful--she has grown some babies but neither she nor her assistant want to bother with the details of diapers (nappies) or feeding. Nor do they want nannies blundering around the place.

Now, the young man has rolled a Want to fall in love. This is what I'm sticking on now. It would be just a subplot but I'm not sure if he should either a) fall in love with the scientist who's more of a mother figure, b) fall in love with the assistant, or c) fall in love with someone outside the household. Which seems least cliched?

I have free will on but no ACR, and so far, the only autonomous flirt that ever happened was when the boyfriend guy came by and flirted with the scientist's assistant.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 05:30:23 pm »

For kicks, I would have him fall in love with the boyfriend, but that's just me and my preferences.
I think if you want drama, go with the lady assistant.
And I'm sure you might be able to get comedy or drama out of the scientist herself, but that's the toughest for me to think of anything right now.

Depending on your personal tastes I would go for him falling for the boyfriend or the assistant.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
SIMposiast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 03:25:54 pm »

Well, I had him check out the assistant's boyfriend, and he heart-barfed. Guess he doesn't like that type. I have no problem with forcing negative-chemistry sims together; I've done it before, but I still need to think about this some more.

Added: Oh, I just want drama. I don't really want any comedy in this piece. Scratch that, I wouldn't mind a light touch here or there, but I get that from the lab assistant snarking off at people.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 03:27:19 pm by SIMposiast » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: