Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:35:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Words of my Mother Chapter 2  (Read 3675 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2008, 03:10:24 pm »

Vivian Monty had the perfect life. At just fifteen she was already well known for her musical, cooking, dancing, singing and perfect body. Everybody in Verona knew her. She was “Miss Perfect”. She was rich. Had five full time maids, two masseuses, and one butler who carter to her every need. If she had trouble sleeping in her plush California king canopy bed, rumor had it, that her butler would sing her to sleep. She had thirteen other siblings, eight of whom lived with and her mother in cramped sleeping quarters along with the maids. That was because, well, Vivian was “mother’s favorite”. Mother, or Isabella Monty, was a self serving conniving elderly woman. She was already a great grand mother when she had her last child 13 years ago. But her husband, Patrizio left her for his temporary secretary at his big construction “business”. It was not a construction business. It was in a way one, but it was more like the mafia. To get back at her husband for cheating on her 13 years ago she got pregnant by his rival, Consort Capp, and made her husband believe that the baby was his. That was until the baby came out as white as the walls on his Italian villa. He left with the secretary when Vivian was two. She hadn’t seen her father for a while. He just showed up at her sold out concerts and whisked her away for the night, and for a while it really felt like that one time he would really take her away from Mother. But he never did. She always got dropped off at 7am at Mother’s house. He says before his limo would drive off into the morning light “Viv, never trust your mother. Take care kid.” Vivian always replied as his limo drove off. “And never trust your father.”

Tonight was a big night in the Monty household. Maids would clean for hours, Isabella would scold their methods. Mother always said “These lousy ‘helps’”. “Helps” were not to be addressed by their name. There was “Lucile”, the main maid who’s real name was Julia. “Anthony”, the male maid, whose real name was never bother to be learned. “Sullivan”, the butler, whose real name just happen to be Sullivan. “Gavin” the male masseuse. “Nicolai” the female masseuse. Sonya, Vivian’s personal assistant but more like mother. And the rest? The rest where just “helps”. But they all prepared for the night. It was the pre-premier of Vivian’s new record. Only family friends and “show” people were invited. Vivian’s last record went triple platinum. They hoped to go Quattro platinum this time.

Vivian was cooking the meal herself. After all she wrote a cook book at age eleven. “The lobster only cooks for an hour” Isabella scolded one of the “helps”. “How long has it been in there?” The poor man looked sad, just the face they all got when they knew they were going to be fired. “One hour.” Vivian jumped in.

That “helps” was Marco. Macro’s wife had just had a baby girl. He needed the money. “Oh.” Isabella looked startled that Vivian even could speak with out her. “Vivian care on.” Isabella said as she went to go get ready. I should probably get ready soon. But the food will catch on fire if I’m not here. This was one of many of Isabella’s techniques to minimize her daughter’s independence. But Vivian left anyway. She got dress with Sonya’s help. Then she asked a question that startled Sonya.

“Does my mother control my life too much?” Sonya knew the answers. Yes, would keep Vivian’s trust and was the truth. And No, kept her job. “Oh, Miss Vivian, what will we do with you and your crazy questions?” Sonya chose the job. How many of them are lying to me? Vivian thought. She thought about her past. At age three her mother deiced to make her daughter a star. At age seven, plastic surgery. 2 hospitalizion for eating disorders. And a twin who never spoke to her. In fact none of her siblings talked to Vivian. They just glared at her. As if it were my fault they weren’t Mother’s favorite.

Vivian made her grand entrance to the party. She looked for a friendly face in the room. But all were “show” people and Mother’s friends. Vivian realized she had no friends. She didn’t go to school. Mother took care of that. She never had a boyfriend. Mother was all the company she needed. Her twin Vienna wasn’t even in the room. Vivian knew where she was. Hiding. With her other siblings. They hid while these things happen because “they aren’t as good as you.” Mother often said.

Slowly Vivian began to mingle with Heath Heartache, a famous teeny popper.

After Mother and her friends got a few cocktails in them they made Vivian play request. But instead of “Bridge over troubled water” Vivian began playing like she never played before.

She sang the blues for the first time. Her sweet melancholy song about never finding love or happiness with herself;

that she was making up as she went moved people to tears. After she was finished people stood up and clapped, all except Mother.

Who looked angry, she probably hated the song because she had not written it. But Vivian didn’t care. The she had finally over come mother in one way. What was next?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 06:20:32 pm by phishfood1301 » Logged

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:27:30 pm »

Child star trauma! In Veronaville! With Mafia-style drama!
This has a lot of potential. Smiley
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 11:09:47 pm »

thanks...the over bearing omther is based off my mother...

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 03:04:39 pm »

Quote from: phishfood1301;1260596
thanks...the over bearing omther is based off my mother...

Oooh, you have my sympathies. Smiley
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 03:38:16 pm »

uh.. thanks

phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 06:20:04 pm »

Chapter 2

Vivian couldn’t hold back the tears. “Wasn’t clear that you were to ONLY play songs from your knew album?” Isabella stood over her terrified daughter. “I raised you to do ONLY as you’re told. Look at yourself.” Isabella forced Vivian’s face into a mirror. “All mine. I paid for that nose that jawbone, eyes, cheek bones. Be grateful! I made you and I will destroy you if need be!”

Isabella threw her daughter’s face out of her hands. “I chose you. I can create a new you. And no one would notice. I’m sure Vienna would love some surgery to get rid of that ugly Monty face your father had. Go to sleep.” Isabella threw her empty wine glass at Vivian. Vivian held her head in her hands. Was she was just an artfical creature who made no difference on the world. It wouldn’t matter if I was dead? Vienna would just be the new me!

At one am Vivian arose. She slowly crept to the large, cold room where Vienna slept. I just need to know that she won’t replace me!  Vivian looked into the dark room. In the corner bed long black hair feel off the bed. Vivian quickly rush it. “Vienna?” She said quietly and shook the sleeping body. “What?” “Vienna, would you ever replace me?” “What?” Vienna sat up. The sisters hadn’t talked in months. “Who’s that?” Vienna said. “Vivi.” “Vivi? What are you doing here?” “Ena, she’d replace me with you. Would you do it?” “Of course not Vivi! No one could replace you. I can’t sing, I can’t cook, and you remember me at Bianca’s wedding, I can’t dance. I could do it if I tried. Mother told you this didn’t she? That woman. She’s a puttana!” “No! Mother isn’t a whore. She’s….just... a woman who happens to like to act stupid and make her daughter’s life a living hell…” Vivian began to cry. “Shh! They’ll hear you.” But it was too late. The lights ticked on and Isabella entered the room. At first she didn’t see Vivian but when she saw her, she grabbed her by her pajamas and dragged her out of that room. Vienna thought is this the last time I’ll see my twin?
Isabella pushed Vivian to the piano. “Play ‘Bridge over troubled waters’.” Vivian started. “Wrong key.” Isabella said as she slapped the back of Vivian’s head. “Again.” She would do this for hours. This was how Vivian learned the piano. “Because there’s “PAIN” in piano.” “Now with words.” Vivian quietly sang the song. “Louder!” Isabella screamed. But Vivian instead turned and said “Mother, are you drunk?” This pushed a button Vivian wished she hadn’t. “Drunk? Me? No! But you’re the one who’s going to pay for that.” Isabella pushed Vivian’s head into the piano. She was drunk, so drunk that she laughed when blood dripped from the piano. “See now? There is pain in piano!” She cackled and left. Vivian was heavily bleeding and feeling woozy. In that state she did something she normal wouldn’t. She called 911.

“9-1-1 what is your emergency?”
“Mama just… Mama just…”
“Mam’ what’s wrong?”
“Mama just… I think I’m dying. Could you send someone? Does it hurt to die? Because what mama just did sure hurts….”
“Hello?”
“………………”
“I’m sending paramedics and police to your home!”

The paramedics arrived to find Vivian near the telephone unconscious. The blood was everywhere. They had had to break down the door when they heard her moaning. The maids were trying to clean up the blood, but not help Vivian. That’s when the police arrived and stopped them from ruining a crime scene. The media got wind of this soon enough and photographer and reporters all rushed to the scene in time to catch pictures of Vivian with bandages around her head and barely breath, her mother in hand cuffs, and her siblings coming out of the “Hell House” as it was dubbed by the media. It was the headline of every newspaper in the country. There were rumors. “Vivian died.” “Vivian did this to herself.” “This is all a publicity stunt.” “She’s on life support.” But only the family knew the truth. And it was…………………………..

End of Chapter 2
pics to come
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:41:45 pm by phishfood1301 » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: