Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 04:17:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blue screen with FT has gotten way way way way worse  (Read 3596 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nocturna76

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2008, 01:03:22 am »

ok, so i have all the xps & none of the stuff packs, & i've had the evil horrid godawful blue screen thing happening ever since nightlife, however, before it used to blue screen me every few hours, which was annoying, but the game was still playable.....but NOW, ever since installing free time, it blue screens an hour after starting the game, then like every 20 mins thereafter (not to mention the fact that the blue screen itself lasts for anywhere from 3-12 mins)....& now an even newer hell has begun on at least 1 of my lots: 1 hr-blue screen, 20 mins blue screen again, 15 mins, blue screen again, 10 mins, blue screen again, 5 mins, blue screen again, 2 mins, blue screen again...THEN as if i'm not already ready to kill by this point, on this final blue screen the (2 week old) monitor starts flashing from blue screen to black screen & won't even let me get back into the game at all, so i have to completely restart the computer & lose everything that happened since the last save!!!!

anyone at all know how to fix this?? (& yes i just updated my video drivers yesterday to fix the error msg problem i had just posted about last)
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:44:01 am »

Hmmmm do you have an nVidia card by any chance? If yes see here: http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:nVidia_Blue_Screen_Issue
nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:21:09 am »

you mean there might actually be a cure for the problem i've been puttin up with for the last 5 xps?? in other words, yes, i do have nividia, & i shall try this boolProp thing, i can live without seein fish if it means i won't blue screen anymore...hopefully i won't be posting about this again LOL thanx!
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:42:41 am »

fingers crossed Cheesy
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:22:11 pm »

It's extrememly annoying and I've suffered through it for far to long... I wish they would fix the problem!

But I learned that Cutting down on your CC might help quite a bit. Especially the really huge objects. Create and play on smaller, one level lots and play in a window.

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 07:00:41 pm »

That's what I do, I play small lots and my gameplay is windowed.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 08:30:08 pm »

I tried windowed mode with the original Sims, and it drove me nuts.

I have an NVIDIA card also. I play small lots, but normal view, and I turn my shaders off. The only time I lag is, sunrise and sunset.

Might be because of my memory. I'm getting a GIG more next week. As it stands now, I only have 512. But, I can play up to OFB.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: