Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:59:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with stairs  (Read 1264 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
redbone29150

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2008, 04:46:40 pm »

I dont know what is going on in my game but all of a sudden, no one can use the stairs. I read other people's solutions and tried them all and still stairs are going unused in my houses. It really annoying. I have recently installed Kitchen and Bath, H&M, and Family Fun. I noticed it after the installation of H&M and Family Fun. I do have hacks and downloaded all the updates, ran them through clean install and my antivirus software. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 04:50:26 pm »

Sometimes, if you don't have enough flooring upstairs, they won't go up them.

Or, if something is blocking the entrance to the stairs, they won't go up.

Check the path to the stairs upstairs and going down.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 05:51:49 pm »

One radical solution is to place a normal predefined stair exactly over the bugged one (with the moveobjects on cheat activated) and your Sims should use the new one to reach the room above.

This is an old thread but it might still have some interesting information for you re the good old Maxis stairs glitch if you haven't seen it already: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=14349

Also I never use Maxis stairs anymore after having encountered this problem innumerable times- I now only use Holy Simoly stairs and they seem to work fine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: