Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:29:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1960's TEXACO service station  (Read 7197 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008, 01:27:46 am »

here I have a 1960's era TEXACO, complete with service area and lifts, 2 well maintained restrooms, a small waiting area, complete with free coffee while you wait, best of all, Gasoline is only 0.33 9/10 a gallon :jaw:

credits

Tow truck by Dr Pixel, you can find it here

Glass garage doors by Numenor, you can find them here

coke vending machine by Pacotacoplayer, you can find it here

gas pumps by Wohnzimmer, you can find it here

requires Nightlife, OFB, University and teen style stuff

*edit* sorry folks, had to remove the lot and repackage, my game is down right now, so I'm unable to edit the package, will put the file back ASAP, sorry for any inconvience

* snapshot_0000002d_b54cbf75.jpg (57.99 KB, 600x450 - viewed 9183 times.)

* snapshot_0000002d_754cbf99.jpg (59.57 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1424 times.)

* snapshot_0000002d_f54cbfcb.jpg (68.52 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1361 times.)

* snapshot_0000002d_754cbf7f.jpg (42.57 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1419 times.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:46:03 pm by SlimSimsTs » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 03:16:54 pm »

LOL...this is very cool. Thank you Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Yaakovashoshana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 06:41:11 pm »

Oh, my goodness, gracious, me! That surely brings back the memories. Ah, for the good old days when a courteous young man in a freshly pressed uniform would greet you as soon as you pulled up to the pump. While he filled your tank, he'd wash your windshield, check your oil, the air pressure in your tires and the water in your radiator. (Yes, I remember black and white television and eight-track tapes, too.)

When others do a foolish thing, you should tell them it is a foolish thing. They can still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be. ~ Dukhat~ (J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5)
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 09:20:48 pm »

Quote from: Yaakovashoshana;1263264
Oh, my goodness, gracious, me! That surely brings back the memories. Ah, for the good old days when a courteous young man in a freshly pressed uniform would greet you as soon as you pulled up to the pump. While he filled your tank, he'd wash your windshield, check your oil, the air pressure in your tires and the water in your radiator. (Yes, I remember black and white television and eight-track tapes, too.)

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one left that remembers those days

if you look closely, you'll notice the hose that dinged when you drove over it, to let the attendant know someone was there

"service with a smile" not only that, they gave you S&H Greenstamps, and probably a drinking glass

remember "gas wars"?, when 2 competing stations would try to undercut each other, sometimes it would go as low as 22-24 cents a gallon trying to get you to buy their gas, now they act like they're doing you a favor selling you gas for $4 a gallon
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 09:29:01 pm by SlimSimsTs » Logged
bre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 12:45:40 am »

Really coool lot! Great job!

Me on MTS2

(2nd) -  Olka Koval Wedding Makeover (tied), Newlyweds with Erica and David-Jacob, A Family Christmas with The Feldmans
(3rd) - Betty Goldstein Makeover
jayaychdee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 02:09:36 am »

Wow! This is very, very cool. Smiley Thanks for sharing it!
Deena

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 06:55:20 am »

Wow, that looks great! I would've downloaded it if I had Teen Style.
Yaakovashoshana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 08:04:03 pm »

Quote from: SlimSimsTs;1263411
I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one left that remembers those days

if you look closely, you'll notice the hose that dinged when you drove over it, to let the attendant know someone was there

"service with a smile" not only that, they gave you S&H Greenstamps, and probably a drinking glass

remember "gas wars"?, when 2 competing stations would try to undercut each other, sometimes it would go as low as 22-24 cents a gallon trying to get you to buy their gas, now they act like they're doing you a favor selling you gas for $4 a gallon

We're dating ourselves, but yes I remember those gas wars. I also remember riding around town as a child with my mother in her 1965 Buick Wildcat Convertible. To use the vernacular, that thing would run like a scalded ape! The state trooper clocked her at 135mph on the freeway one night. (I wasn't in the car at the time!) She was drag-racing a Riveria. I inherited her lead foot, it seems. What I wouldn't give for a V8 and a stretch of open road! (And a Swiss bank account to pay for the gasoline!)

I remember getting drinking glasses for filling up. I also remember getting glassware in boxes of oatmeal and towels in boxes of detergent.

I've licked a few pages of Greenstamps in my day, too as well as the pink-colored Scotty Stamps. Thanks for inspiring a side trip down Nostalgia Lane.:old:

When others do a foolish thing, you should tell them it is a foolish thing. They can still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be. ~ Dukhat~ (J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5)
SlimSimsTs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 09:36:41 pm »

Quote from: Yaakovashoshana;1264489
We're dating ourselves, but yes I remember those gas wars. I also remember riding around town as a child with my mother in her 1965 Buick Wildcat Convertible. To use the vernacular, that thing would run like a scalded ape! The state trooper clocked her at 135mph on the freeway one night. (I wasn't in the car at the time!) She was drag-racing a Riveria. I inherited her lead foot, it seems. What I wouldn't give for a V8 and a stretch of open road! (And a Swiss bank account to pay for the gasoline!)

I remember getting drinking glasses for filling up. I also remember getting glassware in boxes of oatmeal and towels in boxes of detergent.

I've licked a few pages of Greenstamps in my day, too as well as the pink-colored Scotty Stamps. Thanks for inspiring a side trip down Nostalgia Lane.:old:

well I was riding around with mom in a 60 Ford Galaxie, one of my first cars was a 65 Electra 4dr HT
I'm lucky enough to have an old boat with a V8 (68 Dodge Monaco) but unfortunatly, I don't have a swiss bank account either, so it sits most of the time
actualy, a recent trip to the gasstation to put gas in it, was what inspired the TEXACO, as I was pumping in that $4 a gallon gas I started thinking ' boy I remember the day................."
my son thinks I'm lying when I say " I remember when you could buy enough gas to cut grass all day, a soda for when you got thirsty, a candybar, and a bag of chips, and still have change left from a dollar, and if you workrd all day and made $15(5 yards $3 a yard) you were rich(for a kid)"

he usually replies"yea yea dad, now can I have the $50 for the video game?"

BTW I remember the towels in the box of soap also
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 05:40:59 pm »

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
strobe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 08:44:37 am »

I've been looking for something along these lines for a while.  Great job.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: