Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:39:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons agravation!  (Read 2156 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mogan44

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:44:52 am »

Hello all, I just bought Seasons on Monday and so far I love it! I talked to the guy at my EB games store and told him that my video card is JUST under the requirement level to get Seasons.  He told me it should be fine, I just have to lower some of the settings in the game.  So I did that, it was fine.  My game would sometimes crash (randomly) after playing for a while, the music would skip or the game would slow down and I would hear the Windows Error noise and it would pop up that Sims2 has to terminate.  This didn't really bother me toooooo much as I would just save more often.

Now, whenever I try to look under the misc. Decorative objects the music skips and it crashes.  I don't know what to do.  I am STILL waiting for a reply from Maxis (sent a bug fix form in like 3 days ago).  I have downloaded the patch, I updated my driver, I disabled my CC and it still does this.  PLEASE HELP ME, I just wanna play Sims2 lol this is my first weekend off and I have barely had time to play because I'm trying to fix this problem.

By the way I also have installed, The Sims2 Deluxe, Pets, Glamour life SP, Teen Style SP and the new Bed and Bath designer SP.

Thanks for any help!!! <3
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 12:48:19 pm »

Have you tried deleting your Groups.cache file?  That file will regenerate once the game starts back up, so you might want to try doing that to see what happens.  Wink

Mogan44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 04:32:29 pm »

Yes, I have tried that.  I followed a walk-thru type deal from MTS2 and that worked, until I added my CC back.  I had checked before if it was my CC and apparently it wasn't.  Anyways I deleted my CC again and it is still crashing.  I'm wondering if I am just going to have to re-install all my games?  The process MTS2 took me thru was to take out the Downloads, Saved Sims and Neighbourhood folders (back them up of course) and then try the game.  That didn't work, so then I had to delete The Sims 2 folder (backed up of course) and that seemed to work when I restarted my game.

Arrrgh.  Thank you for your help though!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 11:22:37 pm »

Hmm... :scratch:  Well, what I'd also suggest is to try refreshing your objects.package file(s) (just in case is for one of your particular EP related objects) and see what happens.  That will sometimes get corrupted, too.  (Take note, though, doing the method found on The Sims 2 Wiki doesn't really include the patched objects.package files from the official site... so you may or may not have to reinstall your patches if you do.  Although I'm not one to suggest such a dangerous thing either way.  :rofl:)

HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:01:57 am »

Are you using the new CEP? I believe your problems may be caused by that,I had the same thing happen in my game whenever I tried to access decorative/misc,I deleted the CEP extra files and everything has been okay,I hope this helps:happy8:

Lover of lederhosen
Charamei

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:59:22 am »

Have you tried turning your pixel shaders off? This sounds suspiciously like the nVidia graphics bug. Open the cheat console and type:

boolprop useshaders false

Then press enter. Play for a while, and see if it stops crashing. If it does, then put it in your userStartup.cheat.

Failing that, check the amount of heat your computer's putting out. Your card may well be overheating or drawing too much power.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 10:00:06 am »

:doh:  That's another thing I didn't think of... the CEP possibilities.  Make sure you don't have any duplicates of the _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package file (aka CEP) in your downloads folder.  That can also cause that sort of crashing to happen, especially if one is way outdated compared to the other.  Wink

Mogan44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 06:55:19 pm »

You know what?! It might have been because I might have had duplicates of the CEP in the downloads folder.  All I did was rename my "The Sims 2" folder to "The Sims 2 Backup" and started the game, this allowed new files to regenerate (which was one of the MTS2 steps) and I haven't had a problem since.  

When I did that the first time, I put my downloads folder back into the new "The Sims 2" folder and that might have been my problem.

Thank you everyone for all your help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: